As a part of the DDaT function the post-holder will work closely and collaboratively with colleagues across the function, championing agile working practices within the Service Delivery Team, the IT Operations Department Unit and the wider Commission. The post-holder will manage the Application Support teams workloads daily, whilst being hands-on by ensuring there is a focus on the ownership, prioritisation and urgency of issues between the direct reports.Client Details
The Charity Commission has set out their ambitious five-year strategy, being clear that they will be driven by their purpose to ensure that charity can thrive and inspire trust so that people can improve lives and strengthen society. Their purpose is bold, confident and so are their proud commitment to represent the public interest. The Charity Commission regulates 170,000 charities across England and Wales ensuring that they work within a legal framework , giving the public confidence that the £75bn spent by charities each year is put to good use.Description
- Manage the 2nd line Application support team on a daily basis. This includes scheduling regular1-2-1's and appraisals. Responsibility for the Support teams' workloads and ensuring there is a focus on the ownership, prioritisation, any backlogs and urgency of issues, and be an escalation point for the direct reports
- Oversee the investigation, resolution and documenting of incidents, leading on Major Incidents and co-ordinating Technical Bridges Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services.
- Act as operational SME for the Application products while also gaining a strong understanding of the underlying infrastructure and operations toolset
- Identify and apply appropriate Application service and process metrics. Monitor, reporting and perform analysis of agreed KPI's and liaise with the Service delivery manager and Service desk team leader to implement these.
- Lead on Application related operational impacts and inputs into architectural design- showing organisational awareness when formulating new strategies.
- Undertake Commission change management procedures and Support Change Management as a practice when required and lead on application support elements at unit meetings such as the CAB and ARB, persuading and influencing the Boards to achieve best outcomes and ensuring the creation and appropriate usage of eCAB when required
- Attend monthly Supplier reviews when required ensuring procedures are followed and SLAs for all services supported by the team are met
- Feedback & escalate to the Service Delivery Manager when required and deputise for them
- Ensure the completion and ongoing maintenance of application support documentation, technical specifications, and user guides and source and deliver the components of requested standard services (e.g. licenses and software media).
- Support CAB paperwork and its accessibility and availability and manage and own the software library and ensure license compliance.
- ITIL Experience
- Understands the full-Service Management lifecycle
- Understanding of Dev Ops technologies
- SME in Dynamics 365 or similar CRM systems
- Agile methodologies (preferably SCRUM)
- Lead on providing vision and direction to the Application support team consisting of engineers and analysts
- Establishing and Leading on Sign-off of Acceptance Criteria
- Knowledge of incident/problem/change processes
- Ability to partner with business and technology stakeholders
- Explain technical issues to non-technical staff
- Ensure positive customer experience at all times.
- Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of leading an Application Support or Dev Ops team
- Managing/Working with a 3rd parties
- Release & Deployment Management
- Manage the resolution of all user requests to a minimum of the agreed service level agreement.
- Working Knowledge & Experience of the following service management processes:
- Change Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Asset Management - Tracks, logs and corrects information to protect assets and components.
- Experience of Procurement
- Experience of producing relevant reports in a standard format in an agreed timeframe.
- Civil Service pension
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Employee assistance programme
- Interest free season ticket and bicycle loan after 2 months employment
- Special retail discounts and offers through membership of staff Perkbox scheme
- Flexible and family friendly working environment
- Learning and career development
Candidates will be sifted on their CVs and experience against the job description. And at interview assessed on the following Civil Service Behaviours:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Making Effective Decisions
The full list of Civil Service behaviours at various levels can be found hereSecurity Clearance:
This role requires you to go through SC clearance. Please request further info if required.
* CLOSING DATE: Sunday 26th September 11:55pm *