360 Recruitment are a specialist IT recruiter, currently recruiting for an Software Development Team Leader for an exciting opportunity to join an expanding insurance provider.Role:
Software Development Team LeaderGenerous Salary:
Basic Salary: £Dependant on experience
+ Corporate Benefits PackageLocation:
With offices all over the UK, this role offers a good level of flexibility.
The ability to work from home with the occasional travel to one of our clients officesType:
Permanent - Full-time
This role sits within the newly formed central application development team. The team is responsible for development of external facing commercial applications as well as building bespoke internal solutions for the business. This role is a hands-on role where the chosen candidate will be involved in the full lifecycle of the software delivery using the Agile/Scrum methodology - design, development, test and support. The team lead needs to guarantee that the solution is compliant with the companies architecture strategy and principles along with the security and business requirements. This role will require both creative and collaborative working with wider IT, product management, data and analytics team, business change and the wider business teams. Responsibilities of a Software Development Team Lead:
- Team Leadership - Lead the team from the front by being hands-on in designing and delivering of the applications.
- Application Design: Be directly responsible for the application solution design using modelling techniques.
- Application development: Hands-on cross-functional, full-stack development of the application code.
- Code-reviews: Be a Subject Matter Expert and owner of a part of whole of the product/module. Carry out code reviews of the team members.
- Collaborate across departments: This role will need strong collaboration skills in order to work with varied stakeholders within the Group. The successful candidate will work closely with the product managers, developers, data analyst and operational support team.
- Compliance: Ensure that the design and code is aligned with the company's Architecture/Strategy and security principles.
Experience of a Software Development Team Lead:
- Strong experience of carrying out application design and modelling using UML modelling tools like Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Good understanding of .NET Core framework, microservice architecture and containerization.
- Strong experience in T-SQL, SQL, JSON, XML and database design.
- Strong experience in DEVOPS tools and techniques.
- Good experience in programming and scripting using Python, scala and Java would be advantageous.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems would be advantageous.
- A strong experience in Rental Property and Tenant Referencing industry is highly desirable.
- Strong experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment.
- Required to be highly creative and collaborative. An ideal candidate would be expected to collaborate with both the business and IT teams to define the business problem, refine the requirements, and design and develop application deliverables accordingly. The successful candidate will also be required to have regular discussions with the product managers, business stakeholders and architects.
- Is a confident, energetic self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Has good judgment, a sense of urgency and has demonstrated commitment to high standards of ethics, regulatory compliance, customer service and business integrity.
If the role of Software Development Team Lead
sounds like the role for you then please make an application and a member of the team will be in contact immediately.