Due to expansion in current services and to new geographic areas, we are seeking a Care Coordinator who really understands Domiciliary Care. Maybe you've been a care worker or senior care worker/Team Leader who would like to consider the coordinator role, or an existing coordinator who would like to move to a forward thinking and innovative home care provider based in Bradford.
A care coordinator job is often the single most important role involved in the care of any individual service user. Supervising interdisciplinary care by bringing together the different specialists whose help the Service User may need, the coordinator is also responsible for monitoring and evaluating the care delivered.
Reporting to the Registered Manager, to oversee the management and operation of the day to day running of the service provisions through the Policies, training,
supervision and guidance provided by the Company.
HOURS OF WORK:
This role is full time and split between office-based work and out in the field - contracted 37.5 hours per week, you will be required to visit Service Users in their own home or in the community. Full UK driving licence essential, mileage expenses can be claimed.
* Ensure that staff training is updated as required to ensure a compliant staff team who are up to date with any current training requirements and legislative changes. Training is delivered by our In-House trainer.
* Dealing with amendments to rotas throughout the week because of changes in Service User requirements or staff availability; to ensure efficient and effective service delivery; to provide short term cover for other Care Coordinators when they are unavailable.
* To work with the Care Manager and the Council's micro-commissioning platform, Continuing Healthcare Team and various other Stakeholders to take on new Service Users and meet the growth targets for the service.
* To visit Service Users; review and formulate comprehensive Care Plans and risk assessments. Examine the written records of medication administration, finance and daily log notes kept by Staff as required by the Registered Manager in line with the company's quality policy.
* To ensure that newly recruited members of staff are assigned work on completion of their preemployment checks and training, minimising the time it takes to build their weekly hours in line with their availability.
* Work with the Care Team to ensure that all shadowing, induction training and refresher training, staff meetings, etc are scheduled into Care Support Worker rotas.
* To be conversant with the Care Standards Act 2008 for Domiciliary Care Regulations (National Minimum Standards) and legislation governing the service and other regulations concerning the provision of Domiciliary Care Services.
* Be accountable for recording and reporting any compliments/complaints, incidents and concerns, and updates on the in-house database and action as necessary in line with company policy.
* Report and escalate complaints or potential safeguarding issues to your Line Manager in line with company Policy and Procedure, including any issues regarding the legislative requirements concerning the services provided and the staff providing them.
* To make referrals to external agencies for the provision of aids and adaptations to assist with daily living and heath needs.
* To monitor and provide in-field training as and when appropriate to Care Support Workers; ensuring that staff are given information on a timely basis; by providing both written and verbal instructions.
* Carry out Quality Assurance Checks and service satisfaction. To undertake visits to service users (introductory, routine or prompted by feedback from staff) ensuring that electronic records are monitored; updated and the outcome of the visit is recorded appropriately and ensuring that routine visits are maintained within the specified frequency. To monitor the quality-of-service delivery, through visits to clients and staff observations. To complete advanced care plans for service users.
* Respond to Service Users needs by contacting GP/ambulance service/District Nurses/next of kin and record action taken. Report action and outcome to Registered Manager and other involved parties.
* Liaise with multi-agencies.
* Systematically solve day to day problematical issues which arise.
* To participate in the on-call rota, acting as the first point of contact for Service User and Care Support Worker issues.
* To resolve rota and other issues whilst on call to ensure the care calls are covered and the quality of care is maintained.
* Record and report all actions undertaken whilst on call on People Planner.
* To assist the Registered Manager to implement the monitoring and quality control processes under the Company's Quality Monitoring Policy.
* To assist the Registered Manager in carrying out surveys, monitoring Staff performance, training and supervising Staff in Quality Control assessments.
* To be familiar with and to implement the Company's policies and procedures and all legislative and regulatory requirements relating to the activities of the Company.
* To be aware of the Quality Assurance Policy of the Company in the provision of a quality service to the Service Users.
* To represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, on the telephone, face to face or in written communication.
* To take responsibility for office administration tasks, ensuring all Service User and Staff records are kept up to date as required in line with good governance guidelines.
FOLLOWING PROCEDURES AND GUIDANCE
* Maintaining awareness - understanding and adhering to Company policies and procedures and CQC requirements.
* Attending training sessions as required
* Participating in corporate and statutory initiatives as required