Do you have a passion for developing the minds of young people? Are you a good role model who believes that with enough work and commitment anything is possible? Maybe you've always wanted to teach but don't have the qualifications or a way into teaching? If you have answered 'yes' to any of the above, you could be the Teaching Assistant we are looking for.
You will be an ambitious Teaching Assistant who can work in partnership with our Teacher to motivate and inspire a group of learners who have not had good experiences of Education up until now. You will support learners to build up their confidence and self-belief. You will help our students see that they are worth something and that they have a future.
This role isn't just about helping our students gain qualifications, it's about helping them to see a life beyond the qualification. It's about playing an essential role in helping young people to find their future
Your responsibilities will be:
* Working with individual or groups of children, assisting in ensuring pupils are kept on task and complete activities set by teachers.
* Dealing with behavioural and special needs issues in conjunction with the teacher
* Delivery of SEN interventions
* Helping to implement lesson plans, aims and contents with the teacher
* Providing feedback to pupils
* Taking charge of small groups of pupils for defined activities
* Supporting and working with the teacher in testing/assessment
In addition, you will be:
* Taking responsibility for a whole class during the temporary absence of a teacher
* Working with challenging students away from the classroom as a respite strategy
* Working external to the school site, e.g. on trips, educational visits etc...
Click here for Job Description