Mech Tech Professionals have an immediate requirement for experienced Multi Skilled Engineers (electrical bias) for our food related client in the Banbury area.
Purpose of the role:
As a Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer, operating from a well-established food plant, you will be required to optimise machinery output and product quality, and minimise plant downtime through effective preventative maintenance and efficient breakdown response whilst maintaining a safe and healthy environment and promoting good engineering practices.
* Assist in building an up-to-date PPM system and ensuring planned maintenance is carried out professionally and promptly.
* Ensure the Engineering maintenance carried out in line with the current schedule and effective and efficient corrective action is taken.
* Quick and effective response to breakdowns, where possible identifying root cause and suggesting possible improvements to prevent further breakdowns occurring.
* Communicate unscheduled breakdowns to the Shift Supervisor/ Manager and work with the operations department to minimise plant disruption.
* Ensure all activities are carried out within company and legislative health and safety and environmental guidelines reporting any issues
* Assist in PUWER, LOLER, Risk Assessments and fall out work associated.
* Ensure compliance through regular process weigher and Liquid meter calibrations (weights and measures Act)
* Proficient in engineering operations whilst working in hazardous environments (Confined Space Entry, Hot working in confined spaces, WAH)
* Proficient in site services work procedures.
* Participate in Mechanical projects and installations - Elevators, conveyors, machine installs, machine refurbishment.
* Participate in Electrical projects and installations - Panel manufacture and installation, PLC upgrades, PAT testing, thermographic surveying
Skills / Knowledge:
It is essential that you are qualified in a relevant engineering trade with 4 + years of engineering experience and an Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
* You will have a full understanding of mechanical processes and assemblies including Electrical or welding/fabrication experience
* Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
* Basic computer skills for typing handovers, ordering spares etc. (Microsoft Excel, Word, emails)
* Food manufacture experience (preferred but not essential)
* IEE 17th or 18th Edition (preferred)
* PLC experience (preferred)
* Air and pneumatics trained (desirable)
* Boiler Operator Accreditation Scheme (BOAS) certification (desirable
* Knowledge of conveyor systems, highly advantageous.
This position is based on a days and nights shift basis (12 hour shifts)
Salary is competitive aand this will be a fantastic opportunity to join a leading and successful food manufacturer with huge investment plans.
Mech Tech Professionals are an independently owned recruitment consultancy led by experienced recruitment professionals. We are dedicated to providing the best industry focused recruitment services to the Professional, Engineering & Technical, Construction and Environmental Sectors nationally and internationally