We are working with a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of acrylic-based products. The Darwen site consists of 4 plants focusing on the manufacture of cast acrylic sheet, liquid dispersions and colour.
The Engineering department has over 250 years of combined service, and this is your chance to join this knowledgeable and skilful team! The Company are looking for an experienced multi-skilled technician who is competent in both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
This role involves Shift Working, including 12 hour shifts across days, nights and weekends. You will be working a continental shift pattern which includes a 7 day break every month and 2 weekends off in 4. Flexibility is key for this role, and you must be comfortable with elements of lone-working.
What will the role involve?
As a Shift Technician, no 2 days are the same. Taking responsibility to ensure the production line runs effectively at all times, you will be the first point of contact to manage any break downs, diagnose and repair any faults efficiently to avoid production down time. Alongside this, there will be ongoing maintenance schedules and the expectation to identify improvement opportunities.
The ideal Candidate:
* Competence in Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumental Engineering (PLC knowledge and experience is also beneficial)
* HNC/ONC qualified in a relevant background
* Experience within a manufacturing setting, ideally from a chemical background however other industries will be considered
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and reactive environment with fast and effective fault-finding and problem solving skills
* Familiar with safe systems of work such as Permit to Work, Enter, Hot Work, Confined Space Entry
* A high concern for Safety and Quality standards in all aspects of work
In return you will be offered:
* Competitive salary including opportunity to increase wage with working hours
* Regular opportunity for overtime, paid at 1.5 rate
* Dedicated Training team that provide first class training and support
* Aviva Pension Scheme with +2% company contributions up to 10%
* Free BUPA healthcare cover for yourself, plus the option to add family members on
* Dental and optical healthcare programme
* Life assurance of 4x salary
* Free access to Employee Assistance Programme and wellbeing services
* Free access to a discounts platformincluding money off supermarkets, hospitality and retail
* Shut down between Christmas and New Year
* Corporate discount at Darwen Leisure Centre
* Free, secure parking plus canteen facilities
* Online employee training for Health & Safety and Business Compliance
* Full PPE workwear provided including safety boots and safety spectacles
* Profit share and performance bonuses, plus long service awards and target driven incentives
* On-site Occupational Health Therapist to assist with any physical or mental healthcare issues
* Physical and mental health promotions and activities, including a company Strava group
* But most of all... a business that truly cares about the safety of our employees, workplace and wider community