Mech Tech Professionals are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with fluid dynamics capabilities to join our client who are a multi-disciplined, innovative and growing Engineering team on the outskirts of Cardiff. This role will initially be offered on a 12-month fixed term basis.
You will be a member of a small team responsible for the engineering development of initial product concepts through to the delivery of detailed designs and specifications. The role is focused on first-principle analysis, design development, together with hands-on prototyping and experimentation. You will be expected to produce consistent work independently in your area of expertise and work collectively with others.
You will bring together mechanical, fluid dynamics and design for manufacture knowledge and experience to create solutions, performing first principle calculations to provide initial design direction and building confidence in your solutions through simulations and test outcomes.
The role would be for a 12-month period although it is hoped that with a successful completion and with the ongoing development of other projects in the business that opportunities would arise beyond the initial period.
Key responsibilities of the role:
* You will be responsible for the development of initial first-principle engineering concepts through to the delivery of detailed designs and specifications.
* Contribute directly to the overall design strategy and product concepts.
* Able to work on a range of mechanical engineering problems involving high levels of uncertainty and complexity.
* Interrogate design proposal drawings to verify design, components and assemblies.
* Design test procedures, interpretation of test data, synthesis of results and reporting.
* Collaborate with external parties - both academic and specialist engineering subcontractors.
* Writing reports and presenting results to internal and external audiences.
* Contribute towards project and product development reviews.
The following skills and experience will be required for this role:
* Capable of approaching unique and complex technical challenges, finding and a clear solution-path through the problem. Knowing when to focus on the details and when to stay at a high level.
* A collaborative, creative and driven individual willing to learn, develop and contribute to a small dynamic engineering team. Courage to innovate and develop new ways of working.
* Excellent problem-solving skills coupled with a sound understanding of the theory of fluid dynamics, including associated technologies of the latest CFD methods, 3D CAD systems, Finite Element Analysis, post processing and data analysis.
* Experience of product certification and accelerated aging testing.
* You will also require experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types, demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities, good communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
* Able to lead through a brief from the project lead to deliver and control the tasks required under minimal supervision.
* An enthusiastic, proactive approach to work, with a positive "can do" attitude, capable of delivering results within tight timescales, strong attention to detail
* Proven ability to work on own initiative with a minimum of supervision. Provides an excellent example of professional behaviour
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess the following:
* Educated to a minimum of BSc. or MSc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline. Ph.D. would be desirable.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Mechanical Engineer
* Working towards or achieved Chartered Engineer status.
* Strong mechanical engineering, fluid dynamics understanding
* Fuel solutions knowledge (desirable)
Mech Tech Professionals are an independently owned recruitment consultancy led by experienced recruitment professionals. We are dedicated to providing the best industry focused recruitment services to the Engineering & Technical, Construction and Environmental Sectors nationally and internationally