Mech Tech Professionals are actively recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer for our food related client in Essex.
Main responsibility of the role will to ensure that all machinery and associated plant and ancillary equipment associated with the establishment process, such as setting machines & ventilation, and to carry out ongoing improvement projects.
This is a fast paced, dynamic hatchery environment which can be noisy and odorous in some areas. The role is both factory and office based.
The main responsibilities include:
* Take the Lead on engineering practices within the hatchery.
* Ensure the Engineering maintenance is completed in line with schedules and effective and efficient corrective actions are taken when needed.
* Provide a rapid and effective response to breakdowns and where possible identify root cause and suggest possible improvements to prevent further breakdowns occurring.
* Communicate unscheduled breakdowns to the Hatchery Manager and work with operations to minimise disruption.
* Follow good engineering standards and good hygiene practices for the department.
* Ensure all activities are carried out within company and legislative health and safety guidelines, highlighting possible areas of improvement to the Hatchery Manager.
* Timely reporting of any Health and Safety, Animal Welfare and Environmental Issues
* Follow the communicated escalation route for unscheduled downtime and minimise downtime by following a good engineering practice.
* Demonstrate basic problem-solving techniques to identify root cause of any issues.
* Raise Stock and Non-Stock request forms.
* Management of Contractors
* Assist the hatchery team in the hatching process as and when required.
* Mentor to Level 1 to 3 Maintenance Engineers as well as Apprentices.
* Ensure that the Health and Safety Policies, Standard Operating Procedures are properly managed and adhered to at all times
* Ensure that food safety, integrity, legality and quality apply at all times and in all areas of the business
* Ensure that the training and, development needs of any subordinate staff are identified and addressed, and contribute generally to the development of an overall learning culture within the company
To be considered, candidates must hold the following qualifications, skills and experience.
* Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering (Required)
* HNC/Higher Level Apprenticeship or above (desirable)
* A minimum of 6 years of engineering experience
* Electrical engineering experience
* IEE 17th or 18th Edition
* Understanding and experience of process machinery or equivalent equipment and have the ability to fault find effectively
* Mechanical fitting skills
* Food manufacture experience (preferred)
* Instrumentation and process control experience (Preferred)
* PLC experience (preferred)
* Air and pneumatics trained (preferred)
* Refrigeration experience (preferred)
* Plumbing / Pipe fitting experience (preferred/ desirable)
* Welding / fabrication experience (preferred/ desirable)
This position will be based on a 3-week Rota,1 in 3 weeks on call with Saturday working, remaining weeks are Monday to Friday (48 hours per week).
Mech Tech Professionals are an independently owned recruitment consultancy led by experienced recruitment professionals. We are dedicated to providing the best industry focused recruitment services to the Engineering & Technical, Construction and Environmental Sectors nationally and internationally