Smile Leadership Ltd are currently supporting their Multi Academy Trust partner with seeking an experienced Human Resources Assistant (HRA) for a large, Swaffham based Norfolk (PE37) secondary school. This Human Resources Assistant (HRA) role is offered on a contractual basis to cove a period of maternity leave. Ideally, you will be available to start from October 2021. An immediate start date can be negotiated for the right candidate. If you have recently held a post as a Human Resources Assistant (HRA) within an education setting or have experience in a similar role and are either local to or can travel to can travel to the Swaffham, Norfolk area we would like to hear from you. Smile Leadership Ltd are working on the post in an exclusive partnership with the Trust.
You will be an integral part of the Human Resources team and will report directly to the HR Business Partner. You will have your own office based in the heart of the Secondary school close to the reception area and liaise with other members of the school team on a daily basis. The Trust is able to offer some flexibility in terms of working remotely or working hours pattern depending on your circumstances. This Human Resources Assistant (HRA) role has two main functions as set out below:
HR Administrator - 25 hours per week, Term Time + 4 weeks.
Specific HR responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• To co-ordinate the recruitment processes across the academy, including scheduling and booking interviews and producing recruitment panel packs
• To process staff appointment documentation for successful candidates, including offers letters, contracts of employment and all pre-employment checks and induction details
• To ensure that electronic employee records are accurate and up to date (SIMS). This will include responsibility for data entry, regular and ad hoc reporting, and an annual data cleansing exercise
• To maintain an accurate and up-to-date single central register (SCR) a requirement of OFSTED
• To keep and hold a central HR policies file, both electronic and printed, ensuring that all current ATT HR related policies and procedures are available
• To administer absence reporting and recording processes, ensuring that all absence is reported, recorded and followed up in accordance with the appropriate ATT policies and procedures
• To co-ordinate the performance management process, ensuring that managers complete performance management meetings and paperwork on time
Cover Manager - 10 hours per week, Term Time only.
As the Cover Manager you will manage all aspects of cover and absence working directly with the Principal. The addition of this responsibility to the HRA role is for a total of 10 hours per week, Term Time only.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• To ensure that all classes have an appropriate teacher, to manage all aspects of teaching cover for sickness, courses, meetings, school trips and visits. To maintain an up-to-date forward diary and to support all teaching staff in arrangements to facilitate cover for trips, meetings and events, to include rooming and negotiation of staff timetables.
• To supervise and manage all Cover Supervisors and Supply Teachers.
• To monitor, arrangements with regards to Supply Agencies including quality and performance issues of their staff, including negotiation of fees.
• To monitor supply costs, by effectively managing the Cover Supervisors and supply teachers.
• To notify the HR Business Partner or HR Administrator of all long-term absences and staff that may have activated trigger levels in accordance with the Academy's policy.
• To ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times when dealing with matters of a sensitive nature and ensuring compliance with the academy's Data Protection Policy.
To be successful in your application, you should have experience in one or more of the following:
HR Qualification (Ideally CIPD Level 3 or above) or a desire to work towards
Works to NVQ Level 3
Experience of working in a similar role in a school environment
Experience of using MIS systems (SIMS is desirable)
Be able to provide recent, outstanding references
£17,130 to £19,375
Original posting date: 17.09.2021
Closing date: 24.09.2021: 9am
Interview dates: TBC
If you would like to be considered for representation within this setting, then please forward your most recent CV with your supporting statement and request an application pack. Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding other school jobs or school jobs from a wider more national perspective, please contact Charlie Baker at (url removed)
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications