Full Time (Minimum 30 hours per week) LOCATION:
Home based with up to 2 days per week in our London office. SALARY:
£80k - £120k & benefits packageABOUT US
Healios is a leading digital healthcare company, bringing the whole family together to maximise long-term outcomes and wellbeing. At Healios our mission is to bring exceptional healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere. We reimagine the way children, young people, and adults access and receive mental health services by blending the best of technology with specialised clinical expertise and a personal human connection. At Healios, we transform mental health and neurodevelopmental services by providing quicker access to assessment, faster access to evidence-based psychological therapies, and earlier intervention to create a unique online experience - healthcare that fits around the lifestyle and circumstance of the family to get the right care when and where they need it.
We are an organisation that allows our staff to make a real difference not only in reshaping how mental health issues and emotional wellbeing services are delivered across the UK, but also in the lives of those individuals and families who need our support. Our teams are friendly, focused and passionate about making a positive difference to our patients and their families.
We encourage our teams to constantly push for better outcomes and we embrace change to assist in the development of the company. Everyone's input and opinion matters to us and we work in an environment where this is encouraged. THE OPPORTUNITY
You will manage a team focused on designing, building and delivering ML-powered products and systems with the objective of improving the diagnosis and support for children, teenagers and young adults with mental health conditions. Some of these will be experimental with high levels of uncertainty of what it will deliver, whilst others will have far more predictable outcomes.
In order to be successful, you will need to:
- Lead, develop and engage a high quality engineering team, composed of ML engineers, software engineers, and other specialties as required.
- Work with product managers and other stakeholders to ensure that the team is focused on the right goals and challenges, and that these are suitable for ML-based approaches.
- Provide structure and balance to the work to ensure successful outcomes. You will bring context and understanding of the challenges of delivering ML-powered commercial outcomes, and the need to balance delivery with discovery and experimentation.
- Ensure effective technical decision making, ensuring the right structure to enable autonomy and ensure quality of decisions and direction.
- Liaise with other engineering managers and peers across the organisation, ensuring effective alignment and collaboration.
Collaboration and flexibility are essential elements of the work.WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO HEALIOS
- A collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered
- A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges
- Autonomy to shape and design world leading clinical pathways that harness the power of combining technology with evidence-based interventions and a human touch
- Opportunities to grow and further develop your professional interests
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for the clients and families we support.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Experience building and delivering high quality ML-powered products and systems, at speed.
- A deep desire to develop and grow people, and a strong understanding of how to do this.
- A STEM-based university degree is desirable though not essential.
- A strong ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the business - peers, managers, direct reports as well as those in other teams whether that be innovation, product, clinical, commercial or anything else.. This will include technical and non-technical audiences, and the expectation is that you know how to communicate with context in both oral and written forms.
- A desire to become part of a collaborative environment and share knowledge and learning for the benefit of all.
- A curious mind-set that underpins your continuous drive to challenge the status quo for achieving better outcomes.
PRE- EMPLOYMENT CHECKS
- Competitive salary & benefits package.
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Enhanced Maternity package - which includes an additional benefit of a 3 months phased return to work paid at full salary
- Flexible, home based role, ideally with 1-2 days per week working from our office near King's Cross, London
- Contributory pension scheme
- Work laptop
- Continuous professional development
As part of our pre-employment checks, all employees of Healios will be asked to have a Disclosure and Barring Service ( DBS
Dependent on your role within the business, this will either be an Enhanced or Basic. You will also be asked to provide two professional references
as a minimum.