Description Come be a part of redefining the Entertainment industry, but don't just take our word for it:
"100 Million views and counting: Cocomelon is absolutely dominating Netflix and You Tube"
"Moonbug Entertainmet's rocketing success is disrupting the kids pre-school space"
"Old dogs like Nickolodean is out, Moonbug is in"
The Verge 2021
Moonbug Entertainment is an award-winning global entertainment company behind some of the most popular kids' titles in the world. Our line-up includes the global sensations CoComelon, Blippi, Little Baby Bum, My Magic Pet Morphle, Supa Strikas, Go Buster, Playtime with Twinkle, Gecko's Garage, ARPO and many more which are available in 27 languages.
In just three years, we have become a kids programming powerhouse with a library of more than 550 hours of content, which is distributed on more than 100 platforms globally, including YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Sky, Tencent, Youku and Roku.
In May of 2020, Tubular Labs named Moonbug one of the leading digital kids' entertainment companies in the world based on the total number of minutes watched worldwide.About The Legal Team
The members of our legal team at Moonbug are trusted partners to our business and crucial to ensuring that we are able to deliver on key projects and initiatives, and on our ambitious growth plans. We're recognised for our ability to respond swiftly and decisively to challenges which are dynamic and often novel or ambiguous and do so in commercially focused ways.
We are looking for an IP Paralegal
to join our expanding in-house legal team to assist in the protection and enforcement of Moonbug's brand portfolio. Our IP portfolio includes several of the best known kids-focused brands in the world, including CocoMelon, the No.1 Programme on Netflix. Or brands live everywhere - across numerous distribution platforms, channels, geographies, formats and products in 28 languages.
Reporting to and working closely with our Legal Director - IP and Brand Protection, you will be an enthusiastic and pro-active team player with good attention to detail and a passion for intellectual property.Requirements
Your role will include, but not be limited to:
Desired Skills And Experience
- You will manage daily monitoring and takedown procedures on various online marketplaces and social media sites, and supervise enforcement vendors
- You will help to identify and prioritise infringements, and prepare reports to track infringement activity, analyse enforcement results and provide updates to our internal business partners
- You will assist on clearance searches and advising on IP clearance
- You will assist in the collection and preparation of evidence in TM registry disputes and litigation
- You will keep updated files of evidence of use and reputation for TM prosecution purposes
- You will assist in the collection of the necessary information from our internal business partners required for copyright and design filings
- You will carry out legal research and assist team members with presentation and training preparation
- You will provide general administrative support (including preparation of documents for signature, file and record management.
- Strong academics (degree at 2:1 or above)
- Previous paralegal experience, ideally within IP/brand protection
- An ability to work proactively and autonomously in a fast-paced entertainment business - all whilst remaining cool and level-headed and showing a good sense of humour
- Methodical, meticulous and with great attention to detail
- Quick learner with a "can do" attitude
- Strong attention to detail and excellent English-language oral and written communication skills
As well as working for one of the world's leading entertainment companies, you will get private health, gym membership, pension, life assurance, Moonbug swag and an amazing office, Camden discounts, and access to a gorgeous roof terrace in the heart of Camden.