Position Title: Learning Programme CoordinatorLocation: LondonAssignment duration: 12 monthsSalary: 29,000 £ - 41,000 £ per annumBonus Plan: Company PlanThe role
The Learning Programme Coordinator plays a critical part in orchestrating some of the foundational activities in the form of (currently virtual) educational workshops which enables our customers to progress and realise their digital transformation ambitions.
This learning journey begins when an advertiser customer enrols into a workshop.
LPC tasks include coordination of customer attendees, facilitation partners
as well as driving the completion of pre-work for clients. Once these activities are completed, participants from one of the 29 countries around Europe attend a virtual workshop delivered by professional facilitators. After the workshop, the LPC closes the learning journey with a follow-up survey
and an analysis of the feedback results. The LPC will collaborate with various teams to complete key steps before the workshop and during the delivery of the learning event.
LPCs also play a major role in identifying and implementing improvements to processes and programme materials. Due to the current global travel restrictions, all of our workshops take place virtually. In the future we hope to bring back face-to-face events to our offering, and so some travel may be possible if that occurs.
A successful coordinator is highly-organised, analytical and has a strong eye for detail. They will be able to juggle the organisation of multiple workshops on a weekly basis, whilst anticipating and avoiding operational and administrative issues before they arise. Strong business judgement, people skills and a collaborative approach goes a long way in the role.Main responsibilities virtual:
Main responsibilities when face-to-face events become possible:
- Flawless execution of the planning, organisation, coordination and management of virtual educational workshops across the EMEA region
- Continuously evaluating existing operations processes for efficiency gains, identifying areas for improvement, and proactively suggesting implementation strategies (e.g. streamlined scheduling process, building out a reporting strategy etc).
- Managing communications and support scheduling of these programmes delegates and speakers, amongst other responsibilities to ensure events are run smoothly and efficiently
- Managing general logistics and internal tickets including access badges, room bookings, catering, rosters of attendees
- Liaising with supporting teams (e.g. film crews, cleaners, tech support, facilities, food and bev, finance, legal, marketing)
- Supporting team procurement (including negotiating) with third-party suppliers; placing orders for goods and services, booking and expensing venues, budget tracking.
If you have the above experience and meet the requirements - apply ASAP as this opportunity might be perfect for you!
- Strong experience in administration and event organisation (digital and/or face-to-face)
- Action- and detail-oriented - proactive and independent prioritisation of workload, time management, juggling of multiple tasks and strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on clarity, influence and cross-cultural sensitivity. Ability to navigate ambiguity successfully.
- Proficiency in Google Suite applications (e.g. Gmail, Docs, Sheets) or equivalent enterprise applications (e.g. Microsoft Teams)
- Fluent in both written and spoken English