Competitive salaryCambridgeshire Fixed Term Contract - up to 12 months maternity coverFull/Part time - 3 days per week or more
We are looking for a positive, forward thinking, practical commercial solicitor to join us and work with some of our teams in delivering b2b contracts and advise on commercial issues to support our business delivery.
As a qualified solicitor, you will be providing business focused, pragmatic commercial contract advice and assistance. You will be involved in a wide variety of matters including drafting and negotiating IT contracts, renewable / energy supply contracts, leasing agreements, construction contracts, general supply / purchase contracts, outsourcing agreements, consultancy agreements, NDAs, intellectual property / R&D agreements, financial guarantees and bonds etc. A key part of this role is to work collaboratively with our Integrated Supply Chain team.
As a business, we strive to deliver a first class customer experience whilst putting water at the heart of everything we do. As such, you would be joining a 20 strong legal team whose working philosophy is "your problem, our problem, no problem" and where we are constantly striving for high performance. If this resonates with you, you can look forward to joining a business with an open and collaborative culture, without the weight of time recording or billing, and enjoy focussing on delivering the best possible business outcome. What does it take to be an Assistant Commercial Solicitor?
Your relationship with internal clients and the legal team as a whole, is key to being successful in this role, so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential. You must also be prepared to embrace a wide variety of work and learn about the water industry. In doing so, you will find yourself in a great working environment where we always seek to achieve the right work / life balance and reward high performance.
- Be a UK qualified solicitor with demonstrable commercial experience
- Be experienced in drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts
- Have strong commercial acumen and analytical thinking,
- Ideally have experience of public procurement or utilities procurement rules and/or experience in drafting and negotiating IT contracts
- Able to work autonomously, but also a strong team player who is highly personable and is someone who can forge strong relationships with people at all business levels
- Have sound drafting and negotiating skills
- Provide pragmatic practical advice, with a sound approach to business risk
- Be IT proficient.
To be considered for this role, applicants are required to submit a CV and a supporting letter of application explaining their reasons for applying and (where relevant) why they wish to leave their current role.As a valued employee, you'll be entitled to:
- Personal private health care
- 26 days annual leave - rising with length of service
- Flexible working
- Competitive pension scheme - Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.