Team Leader - Income Management (Debt / Rent Recovery)£34,282 per annumNorthallerton, North YorkshireContract: PermanentHours: Full time (37 hours per week)
Our client has an opportunity for a Team Leader / Supervisor - Income Management to join their Customer Experience team to lead and supervise a team of Income Officers and to be responsible for the effective delivery of a high quality income and debt recovery service.The role
As Team Leader you will provide supervision and support to your team and offer detailed advice and guidance to the teams managing complex cases ensuring compliance with the relevant Housing Act, pre court protocols and all other related legislation and statutory guidance. This role will give you the opportunity to design and develop tools and guidance notes for areas of specialism which will enable your team to self-serve and widen their knowledge.
You will also be required to attend court and evictions, ensuring court action is taken where appropriate and possession orders for arrears sought as a last resort. What they are looking for:
- Experience in a similar role within the housing sector.
- Supervisory, training and performance management of individuals/ teams.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues and external agencies.
- The ability and commitment to help challenging and distressed customers.
- A clear understanding of legislation, regulations, and best practice in provision of Income Management for the Housing sector.
- A good understanding of welfare benefits and associated legislation.
- A sound understanding of Income maximisation and grant availability.
- Understanding of court proceedings and related processes
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Willing to work outside normal working hours
What they can offer in return:
- A salary of £34,282 per annum
- Extra day of annual leave for birthdays totalling 32 (inc. bank holidays). Annual leave also increases for every year of service up to 5 years totalling 37 days (inc bank hols)
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including dental insurance, cycle to work and eco-friendly cars
- A range of other benefits.
Our client is an equal opportunities and disability confident employer who welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.The Company
Our client is a successful, innovative, not for profit housing association based in the market town of Northallerton in North Yorkshire.
Currently they own and manage more than 6,000 homes and have stock in Hambleton, Darlington, Richmondshire, Harrogate, Redcar and Cleveland, Ryedale, Scarborough, Selby, the East Riding of Yorkshire, York and Leeds.
They provide a range of services to their customers, all aimed at meeting their vision; 'to be the best rural housing association in the country'. Whether it is carrying out repairs to ensure your home is kept to the highest standards or providing you with ways of saving money, they strive to ensure you receive a first-class service and that, ultimately, you are proud to say you live in one of their homes.