Medical Educator2-year ContractNorth of England OUR COMPANY
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 52,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.WHY THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Boehringer Ingelheim has been recognised as a Top Employer in the UK. Being certified as a Top Employer confirms our dedication to a better world of work, delivered through excellent HR policies and people practices. To learn more visit: https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.co.uk/careers/uk-careers/why-great-place-workTHE POSITION
Cardio-Renal-Metabolic Medical Educator (CRM ME) primary responsibilities are to work in collaboration with NHS stakeholders to co-create and deliver high quality structured medical education and training activities to multidisciplinary multispecialty teams managing patients with complex morbidities associated with CRM conditions, particularly Heart Failure. The role is focused upon training and educating healthcare professionals to facilitate improved understanding of key clinical elements associated with the management of CRM conditions, and hence to improve patient care. This is an amazing opportunity to join the expanding team and a one-off chance to leave your mark on the advancing CRM disease area landscape.
CRM ME's will possess specialist practitioner skills, complementing these with extensive therapy area knowledge within Cardio Renal Metabolic medicine (with focus on Heart Failure) to bring credible and informative education activities to groups of healthcare professionals. In working closely with internal & external stakeholders, the CRM Medical Educator will enhance the reputation of the BI/Lilly Alliance in providing high quality medical education that supports healthcare professionals in improving patient care in the NHS in line with evidence based guidelines and pathways.TASK & RESPONSIBILITES
- Act as Medical Education subject matter expert on CRM with focus on Heart Failure, designing and deploying local Medical Education initiatives in response to local healthcare system, healthcare professional and patient needs.
- Be responsible for creating exceptional educational customer experiences with an aim to improve patient care through safe and effective clinical practice in primary (community) as well as secondary care.
- Ensure data is presented in an accurate, fair and balanced manner that facilitates knowledge translation and improvements in clinical practice in line with the clinical evidence.
- Develop, evaluate and evolve medical education solutions adapting as needed based on customer feedback and results.
- Take the initiative to lead / develop key medical education activities and programs working closely with medical team and brand team, in tandem with customer feedback.
- Identify customer training needs requiring disease and therapy area related educational support and ensure that NHS stakeholders have information relevant to their needs.
- Provide medical interpretation of current and emerging products and clinical trial data to external customers upon their request and to ensure that external customers have information relevant to their needs.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders including key Thought Leaders, key Educational Leaders/Speakers, and sustain the collaborative relationships to ensure MEs are recognized by NHS stakeholders as valuable education partners in improving patient care.
- Develop and foster high quality cross functional relationships with key BI-Lilly Alliance colleagues, both with Medical and outside of Medical teams, to ensure effective development and deployment of educational programmes.
- To operate compliantly with all relevant policies, operating procedures, laws and regulations pertaining to Boehringer-Ingelheim UK & Lilly Alliance activities in the UK & Ireland, and consistent with the ABPI Code of Practice, and IPHA where applicable.
- Qualified specialist nurse or UK registered pharmacist with significant clinical experience in cardio, renal & metabolic disease management in the NHS.
- Possess relevant experience within NHS or pharmaceutical industry roles commensurate with the role of an expert medical educator.
- Experience in confidently and clearly communicating medical and scientific information to support knowledge translation to NHS healthcare professionals, and subsequently informing and improving clinical practice.
- Ability to understand and map medical educational needs of clinical leads responsible for local care pathway implementation, and adapting medical educational content according to such needs.
- Be able to collaborate and integrate compliantly with a broad range of Boehringer-Ingelheim UK & Lilly Alliance cross functional colleagues.
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills to ensure the effective delivery of high quality medical education.
- Be passionate about medical education for the purpose of improving patient care in the NHS.
- The ability to travel is a requirement of the job, with the MEA team delivering education across all UK & Ireland regions as required.
- A blend of virtual working is possible in tandem with activities requiring travel.
This is an amazing opportunity to join the expanding team and be in a position to leave your mark on the fast paced and advancing CRM disease area landscape. WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
With us, you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We offer an agile work environment where we have been able to learn and adapt throughout the Covid Pandemic. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.