Our partnered school, based in Streatham, SW London, is looking for an enthusiastic and successful SENDCO, initially on an interim basis until the end of December. There is a strong likelihood to join on a permanent basis after the interim post comes to a close.
In this role you will be expected to determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision of the school, be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual students with SEN or a disability and Provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies
This exciting SENDCO opportunity commences ASAP. Interviews for this post will begin swiftly with a view to starting your new role immediately.
The role is paid to scale, MPS or UPS + TLR 1C + SEN Allowance.
Is it important to work in a school that has an amazing support structure with an outstanding reputation to match?
Would you like to work with fantastic Senior Leaders and Teachers that have a deep passion for effective learning for SEND students?
If you want to work alongside excellent professionals within an incredibly well-structured setting, then this is the SENDCO role for you. Sound exciting? Read on...The right candidate will have:
• Experience of and understanding of the philosophy underpinning Special Educational Needs. Although you do not need to hold the SENDCO qualification, working towards it will be essential.
• A thorough knowledge of Special Educational Needs particularly in relation to the new National Curriculum, GCSE, and 16-19 developments.
• An understanding of Special Educational Needs in the Primary Phase.
• The appropriate skills required to be an efficient and effective teacher and interest in developing this practice further.
• The ability to plan, organise, assess, monitor and evaluate effectively, and to maintain a stimulating learning environment. Knowledge of assessment including at Advanced Level.
• Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Effective skills in the use of ICT, particularly in relation to Inclusion.
• The skills required to be an effective form tutor.
• The ability to devise strategies for implementing policies leading to equality of opportunity.
• An understanding of and commitment to whole-school issues in a diverse school and the willingness to be involved in all aspects of the work of the department and to contribute to the wider life of the school.
• The potential to develop management and leadership qualities further.The School
An OFSTED 'outstanding' school, delivering high-quality education for every student up to 18 years old. The aim is always to prepare their students for a developing world that values confident, well-educated, and ambitious individuals. This is a very happy school and a pleasure to work in with such enthusiastic children, committed staff and supportive parents and governors. Building on past successes, they continuously seek new challenges and opportunities to assist learners in reaching their full potential. The school ethos is simple - provide an education that meets the needs of young people, delivered in an educational environment that emphasises discipline and respect.The Promise
WFW are here to support you focus on what is important now as a SENDCO and we will take care of what is crucial for you. This is how we can assist:
- One application and one point of contact for this role as well an abundance of other schools and exciting opportunities
- Expert support with school insight, interview preparation and lesson planning
- Priceless knowledge on all schools to make an extremely well-informed decision on the right route to take
- Seamless and highly efficient service in offering roles only suited to you
- Handling the recruitment process from start to finish to alleviate stress and deliver the required result
·In depth support throughout the process and after successful placement
·Competitive rate of pay
·Outstanding working environment
·Excellent school setting
·Talented and engaged learners
·Honest and insightful opportunity descriptionThe Next Step
·Prepare your CV as well as a Personal Statement
·Click apply and begin your journey with WFW
·Alternatively, get in contact with Angus at angus @whofoundwho.co.uk
We are looking forward to supporting you with this incredible opportunity!