Your opportunityAs Deloitte UK's reliance on third parties increases, so does the potential for these relationships to cause financial and operational loss to the firm.
Increasing levels of interest and scrutiny mean regulators and clients are requesting that the firm's third parties also meet regulatory and policy requirements.
An opportunity has arisen for an individual to play a key role in Deloitte's second line of defence against its enterprise risks, by overseeing, assessing and managing Deloitte's Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) capability. This helps the firm mitigate and manage the risks, which arise when Deloitte procures or uses goods or services, to support the operations of the firm or to support the delivery of client engagements.
Join us and you can apply your expertise in third party risk to oversee the effective implementation of TPRM, to give our business the confidence to make informed decisions about our third parties and better manage the associated risks. Your role
National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM) is a centralised group within Deloitte's second line of defence risk function - Quality, Risk and Security (QRS). The Head of Third Party Risk Management will report directly to the UK Head of NQRM.
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams, and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm's Executive Committee.
The Head of TPRM will be responsible for overseeing the effective implementation of the TPRM policy, framework, and programme of activities. Working alongside a number of governance committees and stakeholders sitting within the first line of defence, this role will contribute to the firm's second line of defence to protect the firm against risks arising from third party relationships, to ensure firm-wide compliance with the TPRM programme and the effectiveness of the TPRM framework.
The successful candidate will have exposure to developing, implementing and operating risk management functions in global organisations, with robust knowledge of related tools and technology. Prior experience working with third parties in some capacity is a must. Experience working across countries is desirable, as the scope for TPRM across Deloitte may expand and develop regionally and globally.
This is an exciting and highly challenging role that requires strong leadership, clear vision and the development and maintenance of excellent stakeholder relations.
Your work, your choice
- Lead TPRM across Deloitte UK (and potentially elsewhere in the future).
- Own the TPRM Policy and Framework.
- Govern and chair the TPRM Steering Group to monitor third party risk and firm-wide compliance with policy requirements.
- Act as the primary point of contact for senior stakeholders across the firm for any matters related to TPRM.
- Act as the customer / client of the TPRM Managed Service, the first line of defence function that supports Deloitte colleagues to execute their TPRM responsibilities.
- Have oversight of all TPRM related Technology.
- Oversee all aspects of TPRM in Deloitte, ensuring TPRM is delivered in a consistent manner in line with the TPRM Policy and Framework.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders across the firm to ensure the TPRM programme and policies align with the business strategy, objectives and other policies.
- Be the main point of contact on TPRM with other Deloitte member firms.
- Ensure adherence to new and existing regulatory guidelines on third party risk.
- Produce and own the communication and awareness strategies relating specifically to third party risk management.
- Issue regular updates and reports to the Head of NQRM and the QRS Executive Committee.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Deloitte's risk management function is predominantly based in Cardiff or London. Successful applicants could also potentially work out of one of Deloitte's regional hubs, with travel to London or Cardiff as required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.Your professional experience
Successful candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Experience in a management role and in working with international businesses.
- Deep knowledge and experience in implementing and running TPRM programmes, and of cross-industry TPRM good practice.
- Experience of risk management in business with an understanding of working in regulated environments.
- Excellent knowledge of information and data security, financial crime, business continuity, and contract risk.
- Demonstrable understanding of project and stakeholder management, with experience of working closely with senior management.
- Exceptional project management and leadership skills evidenced by a track record of implementing risk frameworks.
- Proven ability to lead, influence and motivate others.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to recognise what is relevant and important, and what needs to be escalated or informed to management as appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, with the ability to express views clearly and fluently, particularly with regards to articulating risk management concepts in business language.
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt approach to suit situations, individuals, jobs and cultures.
- A rigorous, thorough and responsive approach, with proven ability to take responsibility and drive actions, and to see deliverables through to completion with a focus on high quality.
Your service line: Quality, Risk and Security
- Experience in third party risk management, procurement, outsourcing or an audit role.
- Prior experience designing and implementing tools to support third party risk management.
- Experience of operating as part of a distributed, international team and in a matrix environment.
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm's Executive. Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94625298