Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence. The firm operates at the forefront of the legal industry. Our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.Department Purpose and Structure
Our U.S. Practice focuses on cross border capital markets transactions, including equity, investment grade and sovereign bonds, high yield bond transactions, liability management and cross border M&A. Our work is complex and exciting and involves some of the most innovative and prominent transactions in the marketplace. Role and responsibilities
- Applying US federal securities laws and New York law to complex cross border capital markets transactions - from initial structuring to execution and closing
- Undertaking and managing documentary due diligence exercises to US SEC registered standards of practice
- Managing transaction timetables and workstreams to ensure key benchmarks are met
- Drafting and negotiating legal documentation for cross border matters
- Drafting and reviewing prospectuses and other forms of offering documents
- Arranging and participating in signing and closing meetings
- Legal research relating to the above
- Procedural work such as drafting board minutes and reviewing corporate documentation
Who we are looking for
- U.S. qualified attorney (Class range 2015 to 2018)
- Holder of a JD from a top tier U.S. Law School
- Experience of cross border capital markets transactions preferably with prior experience working in London or Europe
We seek candidates who truly strive to achieve and assume high levels of responsibility early in their career. The ideal candidates should possess determination, vision, creativity and strength and breadth of character. They should also be perpetually open to clear communication and possess a commitment to Allen & Overy as an international team.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.