The Structured and Asset Finance team has extensive experience advising on transactions in all sectors of the asset finance industry. Our client base includes banks, financiers, airlines, lessors, manufacturers, captive finance companies, operators, borrowers, lessees, export credit agencies and governmental and international organisations.
We advise on both domestic and cross-border asset financings including all types of debt, lease (both tax and non-taxbased) and capital markets driven products, securitisations, receivables financings, vendor programmes and retail finance. The team advises on the sale and purchase of leasing companies and portfolios and the structuring of regional and global leasing business networks. We also advise on aircraft repossessions and airline and ship restructurings and insolvencies.Role Purpose
We cover: all types of vessel and offshore installation including LNG carriers, container ships, FPSOs, drill ships/drilling rigs, tankers, VLCCs, cruise ships and luxury yachts, all types of aircraft financing including all types of pre- and postdelivery financings, ECA backed financing, sale and purchase of new and used aircraft and structured financing, as well as providing advice on general aviation matters such as regulatory and maintenance.
We also advise on all types of domestic and cross-border asset financings including rail, power plants, wind farms, transmission lines, water treatment facilities, pipelines, vehicle fleets, bridges, tunnels, office buildings, retail facilities, manufacturing plants, mining equipment, films, satellites, computer and other technology hardware and software.
Excellent opportunity for a lawyer with strong experience within structured and asset finance to join a dynamic team where the quality of work is second to none.Key relationships
Role and responsibilities
- Structured and Asset Finance Partners Associates and the wider team
- Business Development Manager
- Wider A&O community
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Strategically advising clients in meetings, on the phone and in writing
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Business development - development of personal plan, assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
Who we are looking for
- Qualified lawyer, with experience within asset finance (min 4yrs pqe)
- Strong technical knowledge of the legal framework surrounding structured and asset finance particularly in the field of shipping
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Sound experience of operating at associate level within a complex international organisation
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Lawyer with strong experience within structured and asset finance (min 4yrs pqe)
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Detail-focused and self-motivated approach
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner and fee-earner community, building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.