We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
Our Corporate team is one of the largest practice groups in the legal network at PwC and is uniquely placed as part of the Tax practice, providing opportunities for cross-working and collaboration between specialities. We support a range of services from shareholder agreements, joint ventures, limited liability partnerships, due diligence exercises and corporate simplification projects. Our team consists of market leading specialists in international business reorganisations, mergers & acquisitions and banking.
Our clients include numerous household name multinationals and listed groups as well privately owned companies, high net worth individuals, start-ups, fast growth companies and inbound groups. Our teams often work with tax, corporate finance, deals, advisory and other professionals from within PwC LLP to deliver a connected service to our clients.
With more than 3,700 legal specialists in over 100 countries, our legal services network is one of the most extensive in the world, connecting you with talented professionals to leverage and learn from throughout your career with us. The role
Our UK Corporate legal team currently comprises 10 Partners and Directors and 35 other lawyers working on a broad range of corporate legal work. We have significant growth plans for our legal business and the candidate would be joining at an exciting stage in the team's development. The candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with other legal teams nationally.
A large proportion of our work is carried out alongside non-lawyers in PwC such as tax and deals advisers. This gives us access to projects that other law firms do not see. Consequently, our lawyers develop a deeper understanding of business issues and the commercial context for our advice.
The candidate would be joining a successful, busy team doing a variety of technically challenging work for high profile clients as well as being given suitable scope and responsibility to supervise, develop personally and grow the practice. The candidate would be expected to have excellent project management and people skills, particularly liaising and networking with other PwC professionals, overseas counsel and clients. Typical projects which the candidate would be involved in include:
Essential skills and experience
- International and domestic corporate group reorganisations, returns of value to shareholders and corporate simplification (e.g. share for share, bonus issue of shares, capital reductions, share buybacks, dividends, demergers, business transfers, etc.)
- Shareholders' agreements, partnership arrangements and joint ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions and legal due diligence
Not the role for you?
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with excellent academic background and significant experience following qualification
- Clear, articulate and confident in written and verbal communication skills
- A solid general corporate law and private company background including experience of intra-group corporate and business structuring work and an interest in working on a broad range of corporate areas
- Strong client service skills, ability to work to deadlines and manage projects
- Experience supervising and managing the work of junior lawyers, displaying an interest in personal, professional development and learning in a supportive environment and encouraging the development of others within the team
- Good understanding of financial and matter management and organisational skills
- Able to work under own initiative within a collaborative team
- Experience in business development and networking activities
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.