The Board of Directors of ICCBBA are seeking to appoint an Executive Director to take on the position on the retirement of the current post-holder. The position is being advertised internationally and re-location to the USA is not required.
Applicants must hold a minimum of a Masters degree, be fluent in English, and have a minimum of five years leadership experience, preferably in the non-profit healthcare field.
Knowledge of general trends in biotherapeutics and informatics, together with familiarity with ISBT 128 is desirable.
Experience of working internationally across a wide range of cultures would be an advantage.
Personality assessment may be required for qualifications. Reports to
: ICCBBA Board of Directors ChairJob Summary:
Lead and manage ICCBBA to achieve its vision and mission in accordance with the ICCBBA Board of Directors strategy and policies.
Applicants must hold a minimum of a Masters degree, be fluent in English, and have a minimum of five years leadership experience, preferably in the non-profit healthcare field.Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage ICCBBA in close collaboration with the executive management team;
- Foster an ICCBBA reputation for integrity, quality and service;
- Oversee ICCBBA's role in the coordination and implementation of ISBT 128 worldwide;
- Develop and maintain relationships with major stakeholders, such as worldwide scientific, professional and patient organizations; Ministries of Health, regulators and WHO; and other standards development organizations.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors in order to develop strategy, goals and plans for the furtherance of ICCBBA's mission;
- Develop a budget in collaboration with the Treasurer that can be approved by the Board of Directors;
- Direct ICCBBA in order to achieve the agreed strategy, goals and plans of the Board of Directors;
- Provide regular feedback to the Board of Directors on activities and financial performance;
- Ensure that all ICCBBA provided resources, human and financial, are efficiently and cost-effectively managed, and available for the successful implementation of ISBT 128 and for ongoing support to registered facilities;
- Ensure that ICCBBA operations comply with applicable regulatory and professional standards, are effectively managed, and are in accordance with good corporate governance;
- Ensure that ICCBBA products and services meet the current and future needs of its users;
- Ensure that the ICCBBA Quality System maintains ISO 9001 accreditation.