We are an innovative SaaS Scale up in a high growth phase. We now have an exciting opportunity for a finance analyst to drive improved financial reporting, analysis, and insight for the board and leadership team. You will be a great fit for this role if you have a curious analytical mindset, understand the details as well as the bigger picture, and are keen to develop in a high growth tech scale up environment.Key Responsibilities
- Preparation of management accounts supported by insightful financial analysis and commentary
- Preparation of the monthly revenue and SaaS KPI analysis
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts for shareholder reporting
- Review month end schedules prepared by the shared service centre team
- Working with shared service centre team to improve monthly reporting processes
- Involvement in systems development projects
- Cost of sales analysis including royalty rates and subscription processing fees
- Careful management/review of overhead spend including capitalised costs
- Ad hoc financial analysis and modelling
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Financial rigour, analytical ability and a desire to problem solve
- Advanced Excel & strong systems knowledge
- A curious mindset with a determination to see a problem through to completion
- Ability to understand the bigger picture, how everything fits together, as well as a love of the details
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Proactive, organised and keen to build relationships
- Experience using Mid-market ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics
Family history is a multi £BN high-growth market that is changing quickly and we're looking for the best people to join us on this journey. We've come a long way from our early days digitising historical records to now a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records. Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and (currently virtual) social activities. Our values - Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human - provide the compass for how we work together and invent together.
As a technology company, we are fortunate to be able to work remotely during these unprecedented times. Over 20% of employees have joined Findmypast since the start of the pandemic and we have made sure our people are well supported, found new ways to connect while working remotely and even held our annual offsite company meeting virtually for the first time. We work in a hybrid way, combining the benefits of working from home with dynamic work hubs in London and Dundee.Benefits
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include
- 26 days holidays + UK bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee's side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced and shared maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Learning & Development budget, access to LinkedIn Learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, health and dental cash plan options.
- Gym membership and staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season travel tickets.
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. We encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other protected characteristics. If you'd like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin. Should you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process, please let us know and if you'd like to share your pronouns then please do!
If you are a recruitment agency, please be aware that we're not looking for additional assistance with recruitment. Please do not send us CVs. We will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited CVs.