We have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Accountant to join the Group Tax team based in Nottingham.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with the Tax Managers to ensure that the corporation tax requirements of the UK group businesses are met, you will assist with the preparation of UK corporation tax returns and the monthly reporting process and forecasting cycles. You will also support with the calculation of quarterly corporation tax payments and other tax payments as required.What will you be doing
A bit about you
- Work within the Group Tax Function to help achieve the aims and objectives set annually. Work in accordance with the company policies and procedures manual.
- Engage in corporation and withholding tax compliance work for an allocated portfolio of UK companies, which involves examination of underlying financial data and discussions with business/finance owners. Tax compliance is to be carried out in line with timescales agreed both internally within the Group Tax function and externally with business/finance owners, as well as in accordance with statutory deadlines.
- Review claims and elections for all UK companies in the Group, ensuring that adequate records are maintained and that all claims and elections required to be made have been submitted to HMRC. Copies of all submitted claims and elections are to be retained in an appropriate format.
- Assist the Tax Managers, as required, with HMRC correspondence. This may involve some technical research as well as liaising with business/finance owners of the companies concerned. All correspondence must be of a high technical standard and information must be clearly communicated.
- Assist the Tax Managers and other team members in the financial reporting processes, including month end reporting as well as year-end reporting carried out in accordance with group reporting timetables.
- Maintain an understanding of accounting and an appreciation of financial accounting processes, as well as an understanding of the consolidation process.
- Assist the Tax Managers and other team members in the forecasting processes.
- Work with all members of the Group Tax Function tax to ensure the aims and objectives of the department are met, including self-guidance to keep up-to-date with technical developments and legislation changes and also including opportunities to make presentations to other team members or people within the businesses on particular topics.
A bit about WBA
- You will be a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with demonstrable corporate tax experience with involvement in the preparation of corporation tax computations and returns.
- Experience with a top 4 or mid-tier accounting firm in the tax department OR tax experience in a corporate group.
- Experience with tax accounting and/or accounts preparation work for a company.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
WBA's purpose is to help people around the world lead healthier and happier lives. As the largest retail pharmacy across the U.S. and Europe with more than 170 years of serving communities, we are constantly pushing the industry forward and being true to this purpose, caring for customers and patients every day. And that won't ever change.
With our global technology partnerships and the combined talent of more than 450,000* people across more than 25 countries*, we're able to provide seamless experiences for our customers and to stay at the forefront of healthcare delivery.Why Walgreens Boots Alliance
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer several flexible working options to suit our colleagues' needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.What we'll do with your data
We'll hold your information for as long as the position you have applied to is open, and for a period of up to 3 months after. Should you wish that we delete your personal information prior to this, please let us know.