P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Interim Assistant Operations Manager to join their team for an initial 6-month fixed term contract, based in Durham.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be supporting the objective to maximise the weekly, monthly and annual performance of the depot through strong leadership, focusing on delivering a great customer experience, driving operational performance and encouraging a motivated workforce.
* Ensure that all daily service requirements are effectively managed to ensure appropriate driver availability, minimisation of lost mileage and bus availability.
* Build excellent team spirit and staff engagement through role modelling management behaviours, mentoring junior managers and delivering actions from the engagement plan.
* Support return to work interviews.
* Manage driver scheduling, working and holiday rosters, issue of uniforms and equipment.
* Ensure that the correct procedures and behaviours are followed by all team members duty.
* To investigate, review and process incidents to prevent reoccurrences and improve safety and customer experience.
* Providing clear direction to the operations team in respect of the operating goals, targets and priorities, e.g. lost mileage, punctuality, fuel consumption, driving behaviours, etc. by ensuring the daily discipline of Layered Accountability, timely root cause problem solving and coaching support with the team.
* Responsible for driver recruitment ensuring establishment is optimised and working with the HR teams to maximise the opportunities for acting quality candidates
* Organise the department, workplace or otherwise defined area of responsibility, to ensure a safe working environment, completing and encouraging the proactive identification and rectification of unsafe conditions or unsafe behaviours either within the Depot or in respect of Road risks
* Using Business Excellence tools, to drive improvements in all areas
* Working with Support teams to deliver projects and their benefits etc.
* Driving efficiency and identify and eliminating areas of waste in the processes and day to day operations
* Managerial/supervisory experience in a role where a high level of staff or other resource management skills have been required is desirable
* Proficient IT Skills
* Experience of working in a unionised environment
* Great staff engagement/motivational skills
* Competent in dealing with disciplinary matters, carrying out conduct and welfare interviews
* Good understanding of basic employment law
* Good understanding of Health and Safety - IOSH or equivalent
* Customer awareness
* Effective written and verbal communications
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date