We believe good health starts with nutrition and lifestyle, not medication. Our mission is to help 50 million people lead healthier and happier lives by 2025 by providing the best digitally-enabled behaviour change support.
Oviva was founded in 2014 and is Europe's largest provider of digitally-enabled behaviour change support to people with health conditions related to diet such as type 2 diabetes, prediabetes and complex obesity. We offer our patients the most accessible, personalised and high quality care possible, and we embrace technology to overcome the demand challenges facing the NHS and health systems worldwide.We do this by:
- Creating unique digitally-enabled treatment programmes for patients, delivered by our clinical team of dietitians, health coaches, psychologists, activity experts, specialist nurses and doctors
- Offering patients access to expert advice in a time and place of their choosing, via our NHS Digital approved Oviva smartphone app, online Learn portal (with tailored video, audio and text content) or over the phone.
Our services are delivered in partnership with the NHS, who we support to maximise access, quality and efficiency in NHS services. We work with over half of the NHS regions in England (called Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships), are the largest digital provider in the NHS England Diabetes Prevention Programme, were selected for the NHS England Innovation Accelerator, and have recently started supporting the NHS in Scotland and Wales. Beyond the UK we also operate in Switzerland, Germany, and France, and are backed by Europe's leading venture funds.
We can only deliver all of this with the help of our incredible team. Having a culture that people want to work in is very important to us and we're proud to say 95% of our team would recommend working for Oviva. We do this by keeping our values are at the forefront of everything we do, from patient care to internal culture:
- We put the patient first
- We measure & improve
- We tackle it together
Oviva's partnerships team is responsible for building relationships with NHS commissioners, clinicians, and other key stakeholders to help us grow our existing NHS services and win new services.
The Senior New Business Manager will be responsible for driving new business sales through cold approaches, social selling and coordinated campaign outreach. They must understand the needs of these customers, and work with them to build compelling business cases for Oviva's digitally-enabled treatment programmes such as Diabetes Support, which you can read more about here: https://oviva.com/uk/en/diabetes-support/
A typical day includes meeting with NHS commissioners to consult on how Oviva could support their local priorities, working with our Service Management Team to overcome existing service delivery challenges/opportunities, and writing business cases/proposals for new contracts
You will report to our Head of Partnerships and the role can expand into a Lead role with success, as part of our growing partnerships team.
Ideally, candidates will have strong experience of business development for NHS clinical services (especially in diabetes), with a clear history of success.Main Responsibilities
- Actively generating new opportunities for Oviva to make a meaningful impact on local Health Systems;
- Writing of business cases and tender bids for both new contracts and renewals;
- To develop a strong understanding of the market, competitors and how NHS policy affects Oviva's strategy, and with experience, taking ownership of specific Oviva treatment programmes, including strategy, pricing and growth;
- Supporting our marketing activities, growing Oviva's clinical and commissioning network, and working with key opinion leaders to organise bespoke events;
- Achievement of Key Performance Indicators associated with the Partnerships Manager role;
• Collaborative - can do attitude, work effectively in teams
• Empathetic - peer to peer support, resilient
• Innovative - self starter, solution - action orientated, creative
• Knowledgeable - proactively upskilling, adaptable
• Commitment to Oviva Mission & Strategy The Ideal Candidate
- Have 3+ years' experience working in new sales business development, ideally within the NHS;
- Commercially minded and with a strong competitive approach to success and a clear understanding and track record of sales;
- Proven experience of building business cases and understanding pricing trade-offs;
- An excellent communicator and relationship builder, acting as a brand ambassador with all of Oviva's external customers;
- You thrive in a busy environment and can multitask and prioritise workload;
- Willing to undertake UK-wide travel to customers (if this restarts post COVID!);
- Minimum 2.1 university undergraduate degree obtained (or equivalent experience).
- Competitive salary plus performance based pay and 5% employer contribution pension, with annual salary reviews;
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact in revolutionising healthcare in the UK;
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) with the option of an additional 5 days unpaid leave;
- Friendly and dynamic London office on the Southbank, with the option of flexible and remote working
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing programme;
- Medicash healthcare plan and Tastecard employee benefits scheme;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Exciting and rewarding role in high-growth scale-up environment;
To apply, please send your CV & cover letter to Melissa Howard, Head of Partnerships via email@example.com sharing why you'd love to join Oviva and what you would bring to this role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.