We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.Manager - New Law
PwC is the world's premier professional services firm and part of the largest legal network in the world, with over 3,700 legal professionals in over 95 countries around the world. In the UK, our legal practice is fully integrated into the PwC partnership and our vision is to harness the expertise of the firm to provide end-to-end, technology-enabled services to meet our clients' needs.Our New Law services department is one of the most highly regarded and fastest growing practice areas within the network. We have a multi-disciplinary team across multiple regions including London, Birmingham, Leeds and Belfast that is dedicated to providing an exceptional high standard of service to our clients. There are currently 65 people in the NewLaw team and 10 people in the NewLaw commercial law team, with the intention to continue to significantly grow the team.The NewLaw commercial law team provides in-depth knowledge and expertise across all aspects of commercial law and a wide range of projects, bringing scale and capability through its access to the PwC network and key PwC service delivery centres across Northern Ireland, Tampa, India and Poland. The 5 key offerings of the team are General Commercial Contracts (including Managed Legal Services), Contract Optimisation, Contract Review and Remediation, Outsourcing transactions and Technology agreements.Our clients include numerous household names, MNCs and listed groups as well as privately owned companies across a range of sectors. The work we undertake is often high profile and cross-border in nature and can involve other legal teams in the PwC international network. Our teams often work with Consulting, Deals, Tax and other professionals from within PwC to deliver a comprehensive and integrated service to our clients.About the roleManaged Legal Services Lawyer (NewLaw Services Team) - Full Time/Permanent - Birmingham, Leeds or Belfast4-7 years PQE
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the NewLaw commercial law team based in our state of the art facilities in the UK regions, working closely with our London and other regional offices. We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual with a passion for client service. This is the ideal environment for an individual who wants to be part of the future of legal services and solve real business problems. The role will also provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to grow our legal practice and play a central role in developing our business in the Regions.Specifically, the role is likely to include:
- Reviewing, assessing, and drafting IT, outsourcing and general commercial agreements;
- Advice on IT, e-commerce, outsourcing and general commercial laws;
- Supporting clients in the negotiation of a range of transactions and developing/maintaining contract negotiation playbooks for clients;
- Supporting clients to leverage technology enabled workflows to support contract preparation, negotiation and execution;
- Business development, including over time building a network of referrers within PwC as well as developing direct client relationships; and
- Some commercial contracts support for due diligence work.
- Qualified solicitor in England & Wales or equivalent common law jurisdiction;
- Excellent academic background;
- Experience of advising on commercial contracts with strong contract drafting and analytical skills;
- 4-7 years' PQE;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to use initiative and a willingness to embrace innovation and continuous improvement;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team as and when required; and
- Ability to harness new technology to deliver better services, faster.
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- excellent communication skills and a positive "can do" attitude - ability to achieve goals through teamwork, direct and indirect influence and collaboration;
- good technical legal skills;
- a keen ability to learn in a fast moving, innovative and technology enabled environment and a desire to be part of the movement to modernise the in-house delivery of legal services and advance the New Law Services practice.
Knowledge of or previous experience in the Managed Legal Services industry or of working as an in-house legal counsel would be advantageous and looked on favourably, as will previous experience of working with LegalTech. The successful candidate will be working with lawyers across the other UK offices and will be occasionally required to travel between the offices.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.