" - Knowledge, experience and understanding of the main current developments and statutory position relating to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the main SEN legislation and guidance, particularly the SEN Code of Practice, Children and Families Act 2014, 1996 Education Act, Equality Act and other related/relevant Children focused legislation.
- Experience working with other agencies including education, health, mental health, voluntary sector and others.
- Knowledge of child development and understanding of SEN and disabilities and how this affects children and young people.
- Sound understanding of the principles of safeguarding and a commitment to improving safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Experience of working with young people with SEN or disabilities."