This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful and thriving retail business as an Assistant Buyer working across the Footwear category (branded and own-brand) within Outdoors retail. The company is expanding rapidly as a result of its success to date and if you would like the opportunity to bring your passion for product to a place where you can make your mark and develop your career then this could be the right opportunity for you.
The key purpose of the role is to meet and exceed category sales and margin targets, and improve profitability as well as providing the highest quality product for the customer.
This role would ideally suit an Assistant Buyer or an experienced Buying Assistant who is looking for their next step-up.The role...
- Reviewing and interpreting previous season analysis alongside the AssistantMerchandiser.
- Contribute to future season strategy and financial planning alongside theAssistant Merchandiser.
- Assisting with the formulation of the store level range plan (withAssistant Merchandiser/Buyer).
- Understand and make contributions to the high-level plan for thecategory.
- Identify opportunities and feed into Exclusive Brand product developmentprocess.
- Understand how the company strategy affects the category.
- Track competitoractivity.
- Develop a wider understanding of Outdoormarket.
- Identify new opportunities that can help drive categoryperformance.
- Attend relevant selection meetings and ensure understanding of relevantpre-work.
- Help to ensure selection process is completed within criticalpath.
- Ensure relevant information gathered and input into correct systems within critical path time frame (PLM, Range Planning toolsetc.)
- Ensure assortments meet needs of store level rangeplan.
- Negotiate with suppliers to optimise commercial terms with an awareness ofthe negotiation options available.
- Contribute to in-store space & VM planning.
- Help to define on-line presentation of the productassortment.
- Identify any relevant marketing opportunities and help to ensure customer communication is compelling.
- Maintain excellent relationships withsuppliers and have a knowledge of Supplier SLA's whererelevant.
- Review weekly trading performance against KPI's, addressing anyissues.
- Manage risks and maximise opportunities (withMerchandiser).
- Drive trading activity to achieve planned sales andprofit.
- Make regular store visits to review performance &presentation.
- You will have experience of working within a Buying Assistant / Assistant Buyer role, and whilst not essential, it would be advantageous to have experience of working for an Outdoor or high-street retailer.
- A passion for product and commercial acumen is a must.
- Ideally you will have an interest in the Outdoors.
- Fully literate in Microsoft Office.
- Organisational skills are essential.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced buying office environment.
- Up to £27,000 depending on experience.
- Bonus scheme
- 28 days holiday inc. bank holidays increasing to 33 days with length of service.
- Pension contribution
- 25% Company discount
- Discounted gym membership
- Fantastic career development and progression opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free on-site car parking
Assistant Buyer / Trainee Assistant Buyer / Junior Buyer / Buying Assistant / Buying Admin Assistant / Buyers Admin Assistant / Buyers Administration Assistant / Manchester / Lancashire / North-West / North West / Bolton / Bury / Salford / Worsley / Huddersfield / Halifax / Blackburn / Stockport / Denton / Ashton / Preston / Sale / Trafford