Chief Financial OfficerAre you a Senior Finance Leader who is passionate about first-class execution of the financial strategy, someone who also has the experience to develop income generation potential whilst understanding our client's purpose in a "not for profit" environment? Are you an experienced, highly skilled, and dedicated leader with a passion for inspiring, developing, and innovating change across your team in empathy with an organisation's values and mission?Do you come with a proven track record of developing strategic plans and building financial resilience and sustainability, ideally within the visitor attraction (heritage/charity or faith sectors), not for profit or education sectors and want to give back your experience to a legacy-based business that is iconic in the Salisbury area?If so, this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
Our client is one of the UK's leading examples of early English Gothic Architecture and one of the UK's most beloved historical visitor attractions. With its unique collections they are the proud custodian of one of only four existing copies of the Magna Carta. They are also extremely proud of their heritage as the focal point for the communities across Wiltshire and Dorset and offer bespoke & unique events throughout the year. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the leadership team, working creatively to build financial resilience, using the breadth of assets that the Cathedral has.
As a senior leader and member of the Executive team, you will contribute to the wider strategic plan and success of the business, particularly in relation to diversification of income streams, use of property within the Cathedral Close and developing the commercial potential of the Cathedral's Works Department.
You will oversee and lead a Department comprised of staff in the areas of Finance, Property, IT, and management of the Cathedral Close. You will be working directly with the Executive Director to identify and realise new and existing commercial opportunities. This will complement the Cathedral's significant success as a visitor attraction and its fundamental purpose as a place of worship. What does the role involve?
As The Chief Financial Officer, you will take the lead in the development and execution of our client's financial strategy and its commercial business activity. As a member of the Executive team, you will assist the Executive Director in building financial resilience and sustainability. The role has a specific responsibility to lead the development and realisation of commercial income generation for our client. The Chief Financial Officer will also have responsibility for our client's IT systems and its property portfolio within the Close. You will be responsible for providing inspirational leadership and development of the existing team with an understanding and empathy for our client's mission and purpose.What qualities will you need to be successful?
- We are looking for a committed and engaging Senior Leader. You will need to share the Cathedral's purpose and be able to embrace its vision and values. You will have the ability to contribute to the strategy, providing leadership across the designated areas of responsibility, demonstrating an inclusive and collaborative approach.
- You will need to lead the financial strategy and be commercially innovative. This will require the development and implementation of an innovative financial strategy to increase commercial activity and income generation to build resilience and financial sustainability.
- We are looking for someone with an authentic, flexible & agile leadership style that is engaging and supportive at all levels. You will need experience of leading in a diverse and dynamic environment, recognising the Cathedral's history, significance and place within the City and Diocese.
- You must come with a proven track record of delivering strategic plans and advising on financial strategy. You will have experience of utilising an organisation's assets to generate income, notably in relation to property and in small to medium enterprises. The Cathedral needs to diversify its income streams and you will need to be able to lead this work.
- We are looking for someone that has a history of achieving challenging targets across a balanced range of KPI's, including commercial, business development within the "not for profit" sector and related issues would be an advantage.
- We need someone with proven and effective leadership experience across finance, property management and IT, both in respect of IT systems and also information management and data protection.
- You will work with the Cathedral Accountant to ensure the annual budget, forecasts, monthly accounts/ management information and annual reports of our client, its subsidiaries and charitable trusts are prepared in a timely manner for presentation to the Executive and Chapter.
- You will need to be educated to undergraduate Degree level and hold an accountancy qualification (e.g., ACCA or CIMA).
- Education to post graduate level MBA or proven equivalent experience is desirable for this role.
- You will be a people focussed individual who is focussed on team support and development. You will be an able communicator in a variety of media. You will be a passionate and a high energy leader who has a soft touch and strong influencing skills, to help innovate and lead steadily, whilst also respecting the culture and legacy of this organisation.
If you are interested in this Chief Financial Officer role and possess the skills necessary, please apply below.