We have an exciting opportunity available for a Claims Executive
to join our team in Liverpool.
You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis
working 35 hours per weekand in return, you will receive a competitive salary + benefits.
The UK Claims Department consists of three key functions, Damaged Laden, Logistics Recoveries and Cargo/Vessel Claims.
Damaged Laden (DL) is responsible for resolving operational issues concerning containers which are laden with cargo, such as damaged corner castings or buldging sidewalls.
Logistics Recovery (LR) is primarily focused upon equipment which has been noted as damaged following empty restitution. Cargo / Vessel claims mainly consist of compensation for wet / damaged cargo caused by container damage or malfunctioning reefer equipment.
As our Claims Executive you will resolve operational issues experienced when containers are damaged and cannot carry on their journey. Assess legal liability for the damage and handling costs accordingly, in order to protect the interests of CMA CGM.Responsibilities of ourClaims Executive will include:
Our ideal Claims Executive will have the following:
- Resolving operational issues on import and export DL containers, for example arranging repacks of cargo, exploring transport options and finding cost effective solutions to problems
- Investigating the cause of damage to containers and or cargo
- Assessing legal liability for damage in order to allocate and potentially recover costs as appropriate
- Seeking recovery of costs incurred by CMA CGM from liable third parties
- Rebutting claims for cost reimbursement from third parties
- Taking action to protect CMA CGM's interests and recovery prospects
- Keeping accurate records of all matters and all elements of cost incurred
- Ensuring damage to containers is appropriately notified and recoveries for container repairs are maximised
- Working alongside the UK Claims Manager to ensure potential claims against CMA CGM are mitigated, especially with regard to cargo and personal injury claims
In return we will offer our Claims Executive:
- Minimum of GCSE grade C or above in English and Mathematics or equivalent
- Law degree preferable, but not essential.
- Able to identify and assess options, perform cost analysis and think creatively to solve problems
- Able to take a co-operative and sympathetic approach and provide a high level of customer service
- Good knowledge of cargo claims and damaged Laden desirable
- Strong understanding of container handling operations at terminals and depots
- Strong understanding of logistics and multimodal transport
- Experience in Maritime Law desirable to be able to assess liability and understand limitations, contractual relations, Charter parties, Bill of lading and possible defences
Closing date for applications:
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) increasing with length of service plus additional day over Christmas period and the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Additional days leave plus a gift to celebrate your birthday
- Additional leave for wedding/civil ceremony plus gift
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous pension scheme up to 26% total contribution
- Life assurance x4
- Commitment to promoting awareness and understanding of Mental Health through our Mental Health and Wellbeing Charter
- Health plan including an Employee Assistance Programme
- Local and global development opportunities across 160 countries within the CMA CGM Group, including opportunities at our iconic Head Office tower in Marseille
- Cycle to work scheme/ Season ticket loans
- Enhanced policies including Maternity & Paternity
- Employee recognition awards
- Considerable scope for personal and professional growth through the CMA CGM Academy
Midnight on 24th September 2021
Are you bold, imaginative, ready to take the initiative with integrity, and feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Claims Executive?
Then please click 'apply'
now! We would love to hear from you!