Senior Project Engineer
My client is a leader within Oil & Gas manufacturing, with a truly global reach. Due to a number of recent contract wins, they are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis, in an exciting, newly-created role. They are looking for a Degree-educated Mechanical Engineer with a track record of successful project delivery to Cost, Quality, Time and Budget. The ideal candidate will have previous Oil & Gas project experience, leading client-facing projects in either Wellheads, Xmas Teess, Platform or Riser projects. There is significant opportunity for career progression and a market-leading benefits package on offer for the successful candidate. The role:
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible to assure that projects technical scopes are quoted and executed in a way that is aligned with the business objectives and run according to project objectives including Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. They'll:
- Manage Internal & External technical interfaces.
- Ensure customer specifications are understood
- Manage engineering budget (hours) & planning.
- Stakeholder in tender strategy meeting
- Focus on change orders for the technical portion.
- Provide technical inputs to the project Manager.
- Provide input to the project engineering manager in establishing the technical project organization in order to meet objectives and other relevant strategic goals.
- Prepare & review master engineering documentation.
- Lead product design engineers to complete engineering tasks.
- Conduct system design reviews, and attend product design reviews as required to ensure customer / industry requirements are being satisfied.
- Provide support to operations to facilitate project execution.
- Develop customer relationship by providing efficient technical support.
- Generate system procedure and provide assistance during the test phase.
- Maintain good communication with PMO & operations team, line manager and Manager of Projects.
- Ensuring proper technical handover is made at the end of the project with Aftermarket.
- Maintain project files in an auditable condition.
- Provide competent input to risk assessments related to equipment.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our procedures.
The ideal candidate will be a Degree-qualified Mechanical Engineer with a background in design engineering and a strong technical understanding of O&G products gained from industry. You'll also have 2+ years' experience in sucessfully leading projects within a commercial environment & having managed both customer interface and internal engineering teams to deliver successful project outcomes.
There is a highly-competitive salary on offer and a market-leading package including an outstanding company pension, bonus and private healthcare, alongside flexible working hours.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity, apply now!