Apprentice Workshop Engineer
Starting salary of £16,300 which rises with progression and plenty of overtime also available
Our client in Edinburgh is recruiting for an Apprentice / Trainee Workshop Engineer position. Full training from scratch will be provided to enable you to service, repair, customise and refurbish multi-functional photocopier, printer and scanning devices.
No previous experience of digital office equipment is necessarily required for this Apprenticeship position, but you must have a demonstrable and keen interest in electronics / electro mechanics (which will be evident by your CV, covering letter and/or education and training) and that you also have the ability to interpret colours.
The job will develop across two main roles:
- Training on all aspects of the devices in the workshop, including the addition of associated software.
- In the latter role, engineers also load the devices on and off vans, for which you will require a good level of physical fitness, particularly to deal with more complex office installations. You should also have a clean licence to take your turn driving the vans and a driving assessment will be undertaken.
Career progression after completion of training, which typically takes 3-4 years to fully complete, could lead to opportunities such as field maintenance engineer, helpdesk engineer, IT software support / solutions engineer, or even a move into a sales executive position if suitable. Equally, you may develop to become a senior member of the Workshop team.
• Progressive basic salary as you complete apprenticeship / training levels
• Plenty of overtime available to increase your earnings
• 37.5-hour week, Monday to Friday (8:00am to 4.30pm)
• Generous 33 days' holiday (increasing to 36 days after 2 years' service and 38 days after 5 years), including public holidays
• Auto enrolment into the company pension scheme after 3 months, 4% employer contributions, 5% employee contributions
• Health & Safety and environmental training
• Clothing and safety equipment provided
Applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. If you feel that you meet the requirements for this role and would like to apply, please do so through the link provided with a well-written, detailed and fully up to date CV. Also as this is a trainee role, a covering letter specific to this vacancy and why you would be a perfect hire for it would also add significant weight to your application.
Please note that due to application levels and the specific requirements for this position, only the most suitable applicants can normally be contacted for further progression. Please refer to our website for details of how your information may be held.