Interim Trade Surveillance Analyst (Banking)
Across Trade and Control Room Surveillance and Electronic Communication and Voice Surveillance, the team conduct surveillance of orders, transactions and electronic communications to identify potential breaches of regulatory requirements and firm policies, detect emerging trends, and promote pro-active surveillance.
Compliance operates as one team to drive the right customer outcomes and protect the integrity of the financial services markets through innovation.
Overall purpose of role
The role will focus on the Surveillance program markets in accordance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements, firm policies and industry best practices. The individual will work closely with the respective teams that cover Surveillance activities.
- Conduct Trade and Control Room surveillance for trading activity across the markets business areas to identify potential instances of market abuse through the analysis of alerts generated by the surveillance platform.
- Work with members of the Market Surveillance team to document and escalate potential market abuse to the Business Oversight Compliance teams and if required submit Suspicious Transaction and Order Reports to the appropriate regulator.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the surveillance platform and partner with the Market Surveillance Optimisation and Calibration team to implement changes.
- Assist with developing Management Information that provides insight to the efficiency and effectiveness of the market surveillance operation including drafting commentary for reporting to key stakeholders.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Compliance function on the performance of the Surveillance control including details on the efficiency and effectiveness of the surveillance platform.
- Communicate market abuse risk identified through the surveillance platform with Business Oversight Compliance and agree clear path to resolution.
- Engage with the Global Surveillance team to share knowledge and practices and promote a consistent approach across the surveillance teams.
- Champion the Compliance function and within it, the Global Surveillance teams.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The role requires sound judgement as one of the primary responsibilities is measuring the risk of market abuse occurring across the global organisation. To deliver this judgement in a timely fashion the role holder will develop analytical skills and technical knowledge of market abuse behaviours, products, market infrastructures, how trading is represented within the systems and the associated control environment.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
- A proactive approach to problem solving with a desire to be inquisitive in their analysis
- Ability to work independently and in a team and/or fast paced environment
- Self-starter willing to take on additional tasks and ad-hoc projects as requested
- Reliable, dependable, accountable and flexible
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Proactive and resilient attitude
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Good communication skills, ability to interact and work with key stakeholders
- Ability to quickly understand and interchange with a variety of other product and technical areas
- Strong understanding of core EME Markets and respective regulations
- Strong Surveillance or Compliance experience in a financial services environment or Regulator
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects while completing daily tasks and responsibilities
- Familiarity with diverse product types
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.