A global technology manufacturing business looking to recruit for a Procurement Manager based in Bedfordshire on a permanent basis due to further expansion of the business.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for subcontract commitments with a focus on pre-production contracts including bid phase and execution. The successful candidate must have the ability manage complex procurement work packages working with diverse portfolio of suppliers.
Role - Procurement Manager - Defence
Type - Permanent
Location - Bedfordshire
Salary - £45,000 - £58,000
Key roles and responsibilities for Procurement Manager and will not be limited to:
- Lead the delivery of sub-contract management activities and other procurement related services which may be required by the Business
- Make V Buy, Supplier capability assessments
- Focal point for project and suppliers regarding contract and supply base matters
- Drive and lead strategies to influence business decisions throughout the project life cycle
- Identify solutions for complex areas of potential risk /opportunity e.g. sub-contract risk, liability and exchange rate exposure etc. and deliver solutions/mitigations
- Draft and prepare complex contract documentation using standard and non-standard formats
- Lead the generation and review of 'appropriate' specifications and Statement of Work documents
- Construct and lead the contracts and supply chain management Life Cycle Management (LCM) deliverables
- Effectively communicate engineering and project requirements to the supply base
- Work with stakeholders, at all levels, in order to understand Internal Customer requirements
Key skills and experience required for Procurement Manager job applicant and will not be limited to:
- Proven experience within a strategic procurement role
- Proven track record in complex procurement work packages & contract management
- Ability to influence and work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
To apply for this Procurement Manager / Purchasing Manager / Sourcing Manager / Subcontract Manager position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.