At CMA CGM we have a unique and exciting opportunity for a team as a Claims Executive
to jon our teambased in Liverpool.
You will join us on a full-time, f
ixed term basis
of up to 12 months working 35 hours per week. In return, you will receive a competitive salary + benefits.
The UK Claims Department consists of three key functions, Damaged Laden, Logistics Recoveries and Cargo/Vessel Claims.
Damaged Laden (DL) is responsible for resolving operational issues concerning containers which are laden with cargo, such as damaged corner castings or buldging sidewalls.
Logistics Recovery (LR) is primarily focused upon equipment which has been noted as damaged following empty restitution.
Cargo / Vessel claims mainly consist of compensation for wet / damaged cargo caused by container damage or malfunctioning reefer equipment.About the role of our Claims Executive:
To resolve operational issues experienced when containers are damaged and cannot carry on their journey. Assess legal liability for the damage and handling costs accordingly, in order to protect the interests of CMA CGM. Review facts in order to establish potential liable parties in each incident. Recover any repair and operational costs from established liable parties. You will also be expected to assist the UK Claims Manager with cargo and vessel claims when requested.Responsibilities of ourClaims Executive will include:
Our ideal Claims Executivewill have the following:
- Resolving operational issues on import and export DL containers, for example arranging repacks of cargo, exploring transport options and finding cost effective solutions to problems
- Investigating the cause of damage to containers and or cargo
- Assessing legal liability for damage in order to allocate and potentially recover costs as appropriate
- Seeking recovery of costs incurred by CMA CGM from liable third parties
- Rebutting claims for cost reimbursement from third parties
- Taking action to protect CMA CGM's interests and recovery prospects
- Keeping accurate records of all matters and all elements of cost incurred
- Ensuring damage to containers is appropriately notified and recoveries for container repairs are maximised
- Working alongside the UK Claims Manager to ensure potential claims against CMA CGM are mitigated, especially with regard to cargo and personal injury claims
- Assisting the UK Manager in the handling of cargo claims and in other legal matters
In return we will offer our Claims Executive:
- Minimum of GCSE grade C or above in English and Mathematics or equivalent
- Law degree preferable, but not essential
- Good knowledge of cargo claims and damaged Laden desirable
- Strong understanding of container handling operations at terminals and depots
- Strong understanding of logistics and multimodal transport
- Able to identify and assess options, perform cost analysis and think creatively to solve problems
- Able to take a co-operative and sympathetic approach and provide a high level of customer service
- Experience in Maritime Law desirable to be able to assess liability and understand limitations, contractual relations, Charter parties, Bill of lading and possible defences
- Able to draw conclusions as to facts and liabilities
- Excellent IT user capable of working across multiple IT systems (Microsoft Office + In house systems)
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus bank holidays
- Company Health Plan (Medicash)
- Life Assurance
- Group Pension (employer contribution up to 16% depending on employee contribution, employee contribution minimum of 5%)
- Non-guaranteed bonus scheme
Midnight, 24th September 2021
Are you bold, imaginative, ready to take the initiative with integrity, and feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Claims Executive?
Then please click 'apply'
now! We would love to hear from you!