Commissioning Manager- Competitive Salary- ManchesterThe Role
Are you qualified to at least HNC/D level? Do you have previous experience within Mechanical or Building Services engineering? Do you possess a CSA Grade 5 or 6 and CSCS Card? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking to appoint a Commissioning Manager to manage and deliver the successful commission and validation on all projects.
The successful candidate will manage the commissioning process and provide commissioning and technical expertise and advice to in house and sub-contract labour.Key Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of a Commissioning Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Schematic reviews, to ensure correct components (e.g. valves and dampers) and their associated locations are fully considered.
- Plant and schedule reviews to gain a knowledge of anticipated main plant to be employed.
- Liaise with CAD coordination team to ensure that access to critical components (such as valves and dampers) is considered.
- Maintain an overview of the detailed design to keep up to date with design developments and to advise on commission ability issues arising out of potential design changes.
- Preparation and distribution of full and comprehensive enquiry documentation.
- Detailed scope definition to ensure responsibilities are fully understood and accounted for.
- Carry out Sub-Contractor pre-qualification, where necessary, in line with SPIE commercial procedures.
- Carry out analysis of tender returns and recommendation of chosen service provider(s).
- Agree resource requirements with the commissioning sub-contractor (with attention to commissioning management attendance).
- Chair, or attend (as agreed with the Project Manager) a pre-contract meeting with the chosen service provider(s).
- Review monthly valuations against work completed to provide the required approvals for invoice sign off.
- Liaise with QS team or Project Manager, to calculate outstanding work and associated costs.
- Monitor and agree change affecting the commissioning scope of work and help to establish the cost of such works.
- Provide input into short- and long-term programmes.
- Provide input into the preparation of progress reports.
- Report progress of the commissioning aspects of the project to the Client, and to the Project Manager.
- Agree commissioning test sheet templates to feed into the qualification process.
- Ensure commissioning tasks are completed to the correct standards and in a timely manner to allow handover to the qualification team.
The key skills and qualities of a Project Manager are:
- Qualified to at least HNC/D level or have suitable experience in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of LEV systems and ideally trained to P601/2.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical environment and cleanrooms.
- Be qualified to CSA Grade 5/6.
- Have a CSCS Card.
- Experienced in managing the commissioning phase of turnkey projects including HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
- Working knowledge of company safety and quality procedures.
- IT literate and conversant with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Project.
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations and able to operate at senior level in fulfilling the role of principal contractor.
- Customer focused and able to communicate at the highest level within client organizations.
- Clear and confident written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and skills to effectively problem solve.
- High level of self-motivation, organizational ability, and drive to meet deadlines.
- Over 5 years' experience as a commissioning manager role.
- SMSTS (Desirable).
- IPAF (Desirable).
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK's Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.