The Senior Risk Manager is responsible for supporting the delivery of an effective risk management capability in CHL Mortgages Ltd, including providing risk services from CHL to Landmark and CHL Mortgages for Intermediaries under a Management and Operational Services Agreement (MOSA).
Risk is the "2nd line of defence". The role of Risk is to:
- ·Assist the Executive and Board to determine how much risk it is prepared to accept (known as 'risk appetite').
- Provide frameworks, policies, and processes to manage risk within risk appetite.
- Help to identify risks and emerging issues.
- Assist in developing processes and controls to manage the risks and issues.
- Provide guidance and training on risk management.
- Monitor implementation of effective risk management practices.
- Assess the effectiveness of controls to mitigate risks.
- Report to the Executive and Board on the effectiveness of risk management.
The successful candidate will have at least 10 years' experience in relevant regulated markets. They must:
- Have expertise in risk management, with a deep understanding of risk methodologies, frameworks, tools and processes.
- Understand the theory of risk management, but also have practical experience designing, implementing and operating risk frameworks.
- Understand enterprise-wide risk management and Risk & Control Self-Assessment in particular.
- Be experienced in undertaking risk assurance reviews, deep dives and thematic reviews, being pragmatic and working collaboratively with risk owners and process owners to design and implement effective risk management (e.g. designing effective controls).
- Have excellent working knowledge of best practices in risk reporting and risk MI to Executive and Board level.