Compliance Lead - Quality and RiskLocation: Phoenix House, Tingley, WF3 1WE and Home BasedSalary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annumRole Summary:
We look after our existing and new bank members throughout their onboarding journey to ongoing, in life management and support, providing an efficient and customer centric experience to our current bank members and circa. 1500 new applicants monthly, handling over 12,000 contacts each month. We always aim to provide a positive and full outcome at first contact, as well as ensuring we listen and learn from our bank member feedback to improve our service through our Resolutions and Training teams. We are the heart of our operational service delivery, helping to deploy a cost-effective, reliable, and safe flexible workforce, enabling our customers to provide the best possible patient services.Quality Risk & Compliance Team
To ensure our processes, legislation requirements and service standards are met, our Quality, Risk and Compliance team carry out internal audits across all recruitment, in life updates and amendments as well as conducting checks on our quality across all communications and customer interactions. There focus is on delivering efficiencies through identifying trends and analysing data to identify risks. They provide insight and coaching to our internal teams where improvements are required, and they work across our Shared Services teams to provide governance and ensure consistency.Responsibilities
- Leadership and management of the Quality Risk and Compliance team and strategy delivery, helping the Shared Services leadership team to develop solutions to ensure an effective service delivering a first-class experience for applicants and bank members.
- Ensure NHSP remains up to date with regulatory requirements for your workstream, implementing and managing changes in to NHSP as required supported by specialist functions (HR/Clinical Governance/Operations/Contracts).
- To understand and contribute to NHS Professionals business plans and Shared Services Strategy and provide senior managers advice and guidance on relevant processes.
- Oversee all elements of risk management for Shared Service, supported by a lessons learned approach to mitigate repeat issues and develop a culture of continuous improvement by leading and encouraging service improvements within your team to create better customer outcomes, increase satisfaction and improve the experience of our customers and colleagues.
- Ownership of the Operational Risk Register working with the wider Risk teams and Chief Operating Officer to ensure all risks are highlighted and actions being taken to mitigate.
- Lead the team to carry out efficient and balanced assessments on the completion of our internal processes relating to the onboarding, vetting and in life management of our bank members compliance.
- Oversee the requirements and execution of external audits relating to the onboarding and vetting of bank members, liaising with key areas of the business as required.
- Lead the team to identify key areas and trends of high risk within our internal processes and delivery/execution of these processes.
- Respond proactively to issues and trends identified, working collaboratively with the Shared Services leadership team to ensure actions to mitigate are in place.
- Recognise when processes and/or outcomes are negatively impacting the customer; working collaboratively across operations to address deficiencies by identifying solutions.
NHS Professionals (NHSP) run the largest NHS flexible staff bank, placing highly skilled temporary workers in NHS Trusts to meet their short, medium and long-term needs. Uniquely we are owned by the Department of Health and Social Care and we therefore reinvest any surplus we make directly back into the NHS.
We are particularly proud of being the first NHS organisation to gain the accreditation of Top Employer
by the Top Employers Institute. This is a huge testament to our ongoing commitment to making NHSP a great place to work for all our corporate employees.Our Commitment to You:
The Compelling Employee Journey
is our people development initiative that ensures whatever your path through NHSP you have opportunities to feel empowered, engaged and excel
in what you do. All of our new employees are taken through a comprehensive induction programme that takes you through our history, values and ways of working.
Throughout your employment you will have access to our Institute of Learning
(IoL) our blended learning platform providing with you with a wide range of blended learning solutions to personalise your Compelling Employee Journey
, helping and supporting you to be the best you can be through learning, development and personal growth.In return for your hard work commitment we offer you some fantastic benefits:
- Generous annual leave allowance - 27 days per year, plus bank holidays
- Flexible Working - we offer a range of flexible working options that include working from home or part time hours
- A commitment to talent management & development
- Star of the Month! - Our star of the month award enables you to recognise colleagues or teams that have gone the extra mile and they could win £100 worth of shopping vouchers
- Pension - We'll contribute up to 10% towards your pension if you join our stakeholder pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Wellbeing Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Engagement & discounts platform
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received. We will not contact unsuccessful applicants, therefore if you do not hear from us within 14 days of the vacancy closing, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.