Permanent, Part Time
Up to £19,579 per annum (full time equivalent)
Location: Clacton on Sea
Closing Date: 29/09/2021Please note that this is an 'as and when' position based in Clacton, to cover sickness and holiday when required. The successful applicant may be required to travel to other locations as and when required. About the opportunity:
Ugobus delivers tailored transport for businesses, residents and public sector organisations using our modern and fresh fleet of minibuses that are accessible for all. The team forms part of Essex County Council; one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK.
We take pride in getting to know our passengers; offering a transport service that is personable, dependable and friendly.
We're looking for people with an outward looking, caring and professional approach. The ideal person will naturally go above and beyond; acknowledging that our passengers value a friendly face and someone who is thoughtful and considerate. Flexibility is therefore essential.
As a Ugobus driver, you'll be working with a diverse range of passengers; working with students through to older people, and individuals with disabilities or special educational needs.Specific duties you'll undertake:
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Daily checks of your vehicle to ensure safety, cleanliness and road worthiness
- Engaging with passengers on a daily basis, transporting them from home to their destination in a safe and comfortable manner
- Taking responsibility for safety on your vehicle at all times, including securing of equipment (e.g. tail lifts, wheelchairs), use of seatbelts and awareness of passenger needs
- Being Ugobus' first point of contact with customers and, where possible, resolving individual queries or concerns
- Timely communication of issues with your Area Co-ordinator to enable swift resolution
- Work closely, in partnership, with a passenger assistant (if applicable) to deliver an outstanding service to our customers.
- Hold a valid driving license
- Experience in working with customers from a broad and diverse range of backgrounds/needs
- Can demonstrate prior experience of being adaptable and flexible to business pressures
- Ability to work under pressure and remain a calm and professional approach
- Ability to use a smartphone and/or tablet
- Demonstrate good communication and social skills in a customer-based setting
- An enhanced DBS check
- To undertake mandatory training; including, but not limited to MiDAS and First Aid
- Undertake an ECC minibus driver's assessment