Director of Product Portfolio - DataReports to:
Chief Technology OfficerLocation:
Redman Place, StratfordFlexibility:
We're flexible on how you do your work, with this role only expected to be in the office 1 or 2 days per week, and a 'core hours' policy of 10am-4pmSalary:
£100 - £120k per annum dependant on experienceApplication method:
Please complete the anonymous application form, making sure all of your experience is included so that we are able to effectively shortlist.Application Deadline:
Wednesday 22nd September 2021, 11.59pmCandidate Pack: https://adobe.ly/3ts5VkW Summary of the Role's Main Purpose:
Both CRUK and our Technology team are evolving. As one of the world's leading research-based charities, we are on a mission to become increasingly data-centric, and to manage data and the information that we share with our stakeholders as crucial organisational assets.
This brand new role will help us along that journey by supporting and influencing senior leaders around the organisation around the next stages of that journey to data-centricity; by refining and leading the strategy and roadmap for CRUK's Data Foundations; and by delivering that roadmap, through programmes and releases, and continuously improving day-to-day service.
The role will also be ultimately accountable for our Data Technology capability. This means: ensuring the provision of training, skills and career development, upskilling teams in relevant, modern tools, techniques, technologies and ways of working; recruiting and partnering to build capacity and capability; and building CRUK's brand externally as an aspirational destination for great Data Technologists.
There's a lot of information for you to read through in the candidate pack, but the responsibilities of this role align to the following five key areas:
- Strategy, Innovation and Thought Leadership - you will be a recognised Data Leader across CRUK. Confidence, knowledge and the ability to listen and influence across the full spectrum of Data topics is essential
- Data Architecture/Data Model and Master Data Management - you will refine and extend the architecture and vision for Data at CRUK
- Data Quality - you will ensure that there are clear quality policies, metrics and governance in place, enabling CRUK to nurture our key enterprise data assets and drive effectiveness and efficiency in our processes, reporting and so on
- Product and Portfolio Management, Delivery and Operations - you will lead annual and quarterly planning, funding and prioritisation for the Data portfolio, with complete focus on defining and delivering the highest-value outcomes for our charity
- Capability and People Leadership - this role is ultimately responsible for circa 20 employees, as well as overseeing a number of matrix managed staff from other areas of Technology
In this role, we will be looking for someone who has deep subject-matter expertise and leadership in all aspects of building, managing and exploiting data assets for organisational benefit. Equally critical are:
- Significant experience of data strategy development, delivery and innovation in organisations from diverse sectors such as: customer relationship and personalization, community and volunteering, and health and research information management
- The ability to engage, influence, upskill and build consensus with senior peers and build organisational data literacy;
- Excellent collaboration and leadership skills across various dimensions of a matrix structure;
- Experience across all aspects of the Technology and Data lifecycle, from thought leadership to effective operations.
We're looking for someone to lead, collaborate and influence in ways that will change the game for the whole of CRUK, so that we become a recognised market leader in managing data to make the lives of our supporters, volunteers, patients and carers easier every day. If this sounds like you, then please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions and apply today!