Wrking with a long established client, AQUMEN Recruitment has a fantastic opportunity for a Store Manager based in Chichester.
As a Store Manager you will be joining a company with over 100 years of heritage and a brand that still retains the family values from it's original founders. This independant retailer is still owned by members of the family
As a Store Manager, your role is to maximise sales and profit through the efficient and effective management of the store. Ensuring that the store is managed and maintained to a high standard in all areas. Take full responsibility for all areas of security within the store, ensuring that stock take results do not exceed the company percentage.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the store including:
- Review sales turnover with Operations Manager and maintain maximum efforts to achieve agreed sales turnover budgets. Ensuring all information is communicated to the other members of the team.
- Support all branch staff and support specific sales transactions as required
- Ensure staff are fully trained and maximise all sales opportunities
- Review overhead budgets with Operations Manager, providing relevant information
- Ensure staff costs and all other controllable costs are kept within the budgeted percentage plans.
- Recruit staff in accordance with Company standards and branch requirements in consultation with the Operations Manager and Personnel Dept
- Deliver effective Induction and train staff to meet branch requirements
- Ensure all customers receive a high standard of service in line with the Five Star Service Agreement
- Monitor the standard of customer contact and service.
- Develop staff performance in customer service through appropriate training
- Ensure customer complaints are handled in a professional manner making full use of the after sales service
- Ensure all staff are aware of the correct telephone procedures
- Control the standard of window and interior display, to ensure clear presentation of the merchandise is given to customers
- Ensure maintenance of the windows and interior displays by all sales consultants on a consistent basis
- Use weekly merchandise reports to ensure product is promote in line with performance.
- Effective stock management
- Monitor local trends and stock requirements
The successful Store Manager:
- Must have proven sales retail experience ideally in shoe retailing industry
- Able to manage staff effectively and delegate to others to ensure the branch is on target and achieving maximum sales
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills
- Must possess stock management knowledge and capability
- Able to train and motivate staff ensuring good relations at all times.
- Must be able to handle disciplinary and grievance issues to conclusion and confidently manage difficult situations with staff as and when they arise.
- Must be willing to undertake further training and development as required by the Company
- Full flexibility is required with regard to working hours as is the occasional need to cover at other branches.
We would like to invite applications from experienced Store Manager/Retail Manager in particular with experience of Fashion, Footwear, Clothing, Accessories.
For more information APPLY NOWAqumen Business Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.