Pure are supporting a local insurance organisation, with the recruitment of a new Claims Administration Associate. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established organisation, with offices across the UK. This role would suit somebody who is looking to kick-start their office career, with an avid interest in working within insurance and assisting in the delivery of excellent customer service.
My client is looking for an individual who is educated to A level standard, although no specific experience is necessary. They are keen on a candidate who can demonstrate great organisational skills and a preference of working within a team environment - Full training is provided.Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30Responsibilities:
- Raise all appropriate queries where further information is required
- Reject invalid claims during Claims Triage process
- Ensure accurate reserves are recorded
- Liaise with Co-insurers, brokers and third parties
- Raise, record and track queries on claims as required
- Eliminate redundant reserves
- Manage relationships with internal and external lawyers and adjusters
- Comply with all internal controls and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of market issues
- Audit involvement as required
- Complete and report on ad hoc projects/tasks allocated by Senior Management.
- Maintain backlogs on allocated accounts to less than 4 weeks
- Improve existing administrative tasks by eliminating duplication of work or adjustment of work due to internal process reviews.
- To control the collection of Final Bills from Legal Panel (Disease claims only)
- Accurate processing of Precautionary notifications into PINS within KPI's
- New claims triage, Policy coverage checks, and relevant documentation provided in order to set up new claim
- Educated to A Level standard
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- IT literate, and willing to learn new CRM systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Diligent & Committed
- Hard-working & Proactive