My client is looking for an experienced Web Developer with Drupal knowledge to join their team based in Manchester, to support the Digital Marketing Team and website in their continued success.Client Details
Information Systems and Digital Services is central to where my client is going, and what sort of experience they offer. They are committed to developing and maintaining highly usable, fast, flexible and personalised Information Systems services that reflect their changing needs.
The role will be based in Manchester city centre and office attendance will be required twice a week.Description
- developing websites and applications in a large organisation taking into account customer needs as well as internal and external standards, with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- successfully managing and prioritising multiple and complex projects and delivering on time and to budget.
- conducting systems analysis and database design and modelling.
- developing website functionality and web applications that use web services and web APIs.
- planning, testing, implementing and documenting web applications using agile methodologies.
- developing and maintaining web coding standards and guidelines.
- developing and maintaining websites and web applications hosted on Azure Cloud based environments.
Excellent knowledge of:
- Drupal CMS.
- PHP and developing using MVC frameworks (e.g. Laravel, CodeIgniter, Zend, Symfony).
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Good working knowledge of:
- Version control.
- Developing frontend UIs using Bootstrap.
- Linux file system and command line tools.
- Load Balancing, Caching, AWS and/or Azure.
- Proficiency in developing and supporting MySQL, MSSQL and Oracle databases.
- Strong understanding of the web design and development process and of web authoring and web accessibility standards.
- Understanding how to develop server-side functionality, web applications and web services that adhere to web security best practices.
- Awareness of legal issues associated with the web, particularly in relation to accessibility.
- Knowledge of package management tools such as composer and bower.
The successful senior web developer will take a lead role in the development of a suite of web applications, services and integrations with internal information systems and external third-party systems.
You will work closely with the Development Manager and the applications development team to plan, manage and lead on the development of web applications and Drupal CMS. You will provide leadership, expertise and support for developing their roadmap and ensuring web content, applications and system integrations are sufficiently security hardened and follow web security best practices.
You will support the ongoing development and maintenance of their web estate and digital assets, in particular their corporate website and associated databases.
You will serve as the principle contact for web application programming, Drupal development, security consultancy and support, and act as the main liaison between the Digital team and IT Services in relation to web hosting architecture, web server performance and web application security.Job Offer
- Competitive salary
- A work/life balance that really counts
- Only 2 days a week required in the office
- Industry beating 35 days holiday a year plus bank holidays and Christmas shut down
- Generous pension contribution