Pod Talent are delighted to be working with a Global Food Manufacturing Business on a brand new opportunity, we are currently recruiting a Manufacturing Training Manager to join their site in Lancashire (can also be based in Suffolk). In this role you will be responsible for leading the training, learning & development of all employees across 2 Sites as this business strives towards a culture of Manufacturing Excellence and 'right first time'.
We are looking for someone from a strong Food Manufacturing background who has a track record of influencing and delivering training at all levels. This is a business who has performed really well and achieved strong results in the past year, they are seeking someone who can upskill the workforce which will allow them to get to that next level on their journey towards Excellence. This role is an initial 12 Month FTC however it is likely that this will be made permanent.
- Lead the training, learning & development element of factory sites driving the workforce towards an Operational/Manufacturing Excellence' and 'Right First Time' culture.
- Ensure the creation of effective and user friendly SOP's for the Factory Shop Floor.
- Ensure Site training matrices/skills matrices and training and records are up-to-date. Ensure employees are trained against them, with an emphasis on compliance, mandatory training, refreshers and SOPs.
- You will be responsible for developing and executing the development strategy for Learning and Development
- Prepare Training Plans and Budgets for the Sites - and then manage and monitor this on a monthly basis.
- Ensure training management administration is up to date - look into new methods e.g. digitalisation
- Strive to continuously improve the development and delivery of training
- Strong background in Food Manufacturing is essential.
- Will be currently working in a similar role, or delivering training will be a key element of your current/previous position.
- Will have Line Management experience, in this role you will manage 1 Site Trainer.
- Will be experienced with digital training tools including E-Learning & Training Record Management Systems.
- Experience of participating in audits e.g. BRC, SEDEX.
- Strong communication and Influencing skills
- Intermediate/Strong Excel, Word & Powerpoint
Contact - Carl Costigan
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.