The Manager - Dedicated Accounts is a lead technical customer management position working on Sungard AS' large, complex accounts. You will direct the design, implementation, daily operational support and lifecycle management of Sungard AS solutions, leading a support team comprised of subject matter experts from multiple platforms, operating systems, storage, and network technologies. As a trusted advisor, you will provide strategic business and technology support/counsel to your customer across both their production and recovery environments.
As Manager - Dedicated Accounts, you will be responsible for relationship development and management across key internal and customer stakeholders and executives to help translate their business needs into action.
You will also have managerial responsibilities for the team dedicated to supporting this account. Responsibilities:
1. Document and understand the customer's current, future / desired state, business goals and challenges, capabilities, and IT investments.
2. Based on this understanding provide technical and strategic direction from initial solution design to steady state, based on industry and Sungard AS best practices.
3. Serve as the single point of ownership for technology solutions and coordinate resources globally to optimize customer and Sungard AS value.
4. Implement and manage effective governance practices and procedures across contracted scope of responsibilities.
5. Develop highly productive customer relationships and become a Trusted Advisor by providing thought leadership to help shape and grow our value to the customer.
6. Direct lifecycle management (LCM) activities to maintain up to date technical documentation, including production & recovery configurations, application dependency maps, run books, patching schedules, overall solution architecture document, recovery strategies / plans and contract changes, support critical incidents experience by customer.
7. Develop recovery strategies to meet customer RTO/RPO and conduct periodic testing to document recoverability.
8. Manage service / relationship risk areas and takes steps to mitigate.
9. Contribute to securing renewals for expiring contracts by documenting and articulating our value to the customer.
10. Exceed SLA targets by driving service management disciplines around incident, change, and problem management.
11. Develop content and effectively lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) and other strategic client meetings requested by the customer.
12. Providing managerial responsibilities for a team of technical direct reports. This includes but is not limited to yearly performance appraisals, setting of performance goals, monitoring daily activities to ensure we are focusing on improvements for the customer, providing team with guidance on balancing workload, assisting in Management escalations on their behalf, regular touch points with each direct, holding weekly team meeting to review status of customer and activities, etc.
13. Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company's values. Profile:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technology discipline preferred, or equivalent experience. Essential.
- Extensive experience of professional IT experience with at least 3 years of demonstrated experience related to Enterprise Architecture/Engineering within complex environments. Essential.
- Technology certifications preferred, such as MCSE, CCIE, RHCE, VCP, CCDP, ITILv3, Cloud, etc. Essential.
- Well-rounded knowledge of and experience in multiple operating systems to understand complex customer environments and provide both excellent service and guidance. Essential.
(Windows Server, Virtualization; including VMWare & Hyper-V, Networking; including routing,
security, and firewalls, Storage & backup services/administration, Unix/Linux and Cloud)
- Familiarity with IT automation tools and CMDB. Essential.
- Working understanding of ITIL and Service Management. Essential.
- Hands-on experience with ServiceNow a plus. Essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Multi-Tier Application architecture design. Desirable.
- Familiarity with DR principles and practice. Essential.
- Strong Management skills and experience. Essential.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills. Essential.
- Not afraid to recommend solutions and services to customer (increase MRR). Essential.
- Ability to lead effectively and calmly internal and customer technical staff through crisis events and escalations. Essential
- Skilled in MS Excel, Visio, MS Word and PowerPoint. Essential.
- Ability to take a leading role in managing customer relationships. Essential
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS 7858 British standard screening prior to joining company. Essential.