About AG Barr:
AG Barr is a leading branded consumer goods business focused on building great tasting brands that people love. They have a strong track record for profitable growth and are the UK's largest independent soft drinks company. A constituent of the FTSE 250, turnover was £227m to Jan 2021 with PBT of £32.8m.
AG Barr is ambitious. Going forward the business has a clear and consistent value driven growth strategy. They are continuing to invest and have made progress over the last year in key strategic areas including environmental sustainability, digital development and increasing the drive towards a multi beverage operating model. Culture & People:
AG Barr is very much a people focused business with a strong performance culture, committed to investing in the development of their people, supporting them to build their competency, capability and leadership.
The environment in AG Barr is fast paced and highly customer and performance focussed. This role gives an opportunity to develop senior decision making and influencing skills, to work with autonomy in a best in class finance team, within a highly supportive and development led culture. Role and Responsibilities:
This is a hands on finance business partnering role that sits as part of the site leadership team at Milton Keynes, supporting the manufacturing and warehousing operations, as well as the transport team. You will use your functional and leadership knowledge to influence decision making in all areas of financial impact.
The main purpose of the role is to be accountable for the local business performance management process, ensuring appropriate business reporting and analysis is provided to manage the control environment and identify strategic opportunities, as well as risks and trends. Adding value through challenging and influencing the business to deliver against its strategic objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the planning, forecasting and delivery of accurate financial reporting (monthly and year end) in line with Group requirements and provide support for external audit purposes as required.
- You will ensure a robust control environment is in place, constantly striving to improve accounting & control processes.
- Partner the Operations teams to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all operational spend raising challenges and driving course-correction, based on financial and commercial information.
- Provide financial input and challenge into CAPEX projects and initiatives ensuring that the financial impact is fully understood and that investment appraisals and post-completion reviews are carried out.
- Deliver analysis to highlight challenges or opportunities in delivering operational financial targets in relation to various project workstreams.
- Play an active role in continuous improvement programmes within Manufacturing, Warehousing and Transport, supporting the identification of quantified financial opportunities and validating successful delivery against stretch targets.
This role requires a dynamic finance leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills. The position is most suited to a highly committed, performance-focused, process orientated individual who is not accepting of the status quo and who can engage well outside of the function.
Candidates need to be qualified accountants with an excellent academic track record with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience spent in a best in class finance background.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
Personal qualities sought:
- Track record of delivering reports and analysis in a best in class environment, with substantial relevant management reporting experience being essential.
- Understanding of manufacturing environments and how best to partner and support an operational business.
- Experience in producing accurate finance data and information to meet business needs.
- Ability to interpret and transfer data into meaningful information for business decision making.
- Results-driven, able to focus others on delivering the plan and able to see tasks through to completion.
- Diligent, accurate, self-managing and highly motivated.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, uses insight to make relevant decisions.
- Strong communicator with excellent business partnering skills, can build effective relationships at all levels.
- Well-developed networking skills, ability to work in a collaborative manner especially in cross-function contexts.
- Prepared to positively challenge peers and above in both the Finance function and wider business.
- A committed team player, who champions a culture of collaboration.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded business in a position of significant responsibility and scope. In addition, there are significant career development opportunities for ambitious and capable candidates.
Learn more: https://newtownpartnership.com/operations-finance-manager/
New Town Partnership are acting as exclusive retained advisors to AG Barr on this appointment, please contact us on 0131 220 0020 for a confidential conversation or apply online