CATEGORY MANAGER / SENIOR BUYER VACANCY (IMMEDIATE START)Salary range £45,000 - £60,000
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Category Manager who is ready to make the leap to a new business at the start of its exciting journey. You will have experience and a successful track record in a food related category either relating to e-comm buying or an FMCG buying environment. In this role, you will be responsible and accountable for the buying of designated food categories, as well as supporting the Buying Director with category management and assortment development, seasonal planning, supplier management and improving commercial terms.
Jiffy is an App based Supermarket with an ultrafast delivery service based in London. Jiffy's mission is to transform customers' grocery-shopping experience to make it faster and more convenient to get the products they need when they need them.Key responsibilities of the role:
• Actively drive the build out of range assortment and deliver the scaling of the sourcing and supply strategy
• Responsible for the review of sales performance by store and by SKU of you designated categories; identifying best sellers, slow movers, trends within the category to help inform buying decision and goals e.g. reach and exceed sales and profit targets and deliver the category plan
• Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract/supply
• Maintaining good relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers, responsible for conflict resolution, establishing and maintaining a reputation of credibility and responsiveness
• Regularly reviewing performance indicators; sales, profit, availability, and wastage
• Managing plans for range assortment review, build out and actions relating to poor performing products
• Planning and implementing promotions and seasonal campaigns by working closely with marketing and demand planning
• Reviewing price positioning, competitors, product market trends and consumer data analytics
• Liaising with Suppliers regarding service issues, initiating supplier returns when needed and work closely with accounts payable if cost discrepancies arise or for invoice reconciliation
• Ability to present in a clear, concise, and accurate manner, detailed information regarding the buying function, assortment development, new suppliers, and brand listingsYour profile:
Salary is negotiable and depends on experience.
- Previous experience within food categories and FMCG brands essential
- 5 years of buying experience within foodservice, retailers and/or e-commerce
- Experience working with FMCG branded manufacturers and SME's
- Passionate about food and addressing customer needs
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to negotiate on major contracts and have successful working relationships with suppliers
- Able to execute projects independently and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to operate in a start-up, lean and agile business structure
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills to develop strong and sustainable supplier relationships
- Data driven and analytical
- Commercial drive and impressive track record in delivering financial results and benefits
- Collaborative work ethic - a team player with a desire to be supporting the day-to-day operation and the strategic roadmap
- Attention to detail - strong written and verbal communication skills
- Learning mindset - ability to learn new systems and processes, a self-starter.