Morgan Philips are delighted to be retained by our key client to support in their search for an Assistant Finance Manager to join their growing finance function, which comes as the result of some new business won by the group. Our client is a global leader in their field, going from strength to strength and there really hasn't been a better time to join. The Assistant Finance Manager will be either a Finalist, QBE or Newly Qualified accountant with previous experience as a strong and successful finance analyst or management accountant. Suited for candidates looking for a step up, the role offers the opportunity to support and mentor a small team in a fast paced environment. Salary on offer for this position is circa £35,000 - with flex for the right candidate - and our client is open to remote and hybrid working patterns.
The key purpose of the role is ownership and responsibility for producing accurate deliverables within agreed timescales, with accurate cash & P&L variance reporting, all delivered in compliance with financial processes and controls, whilst maintaining strong client and internal relationships.
- Support and work closely with Finance Manager and other account leads' to ensure delivery of contract obligations.
- Provision of a robust monthly timetable ensuring all stakeholders are aware of, and engaged in, all financial deliverables in order that they are delivered on time and accurately.
- Support in delivering budgets and quarterly forecasts, both internal and client, by working with account leads to understand inputs and communicating key movements
- Overview of end to end transactional processes to ensure they deliver monthly pre-funding and other client requirements.
- Provision of ad-hoc management information and reporting for clients.
- Adoption of continuous and process improvement mindset for all processes.
The successful candidate will be an ACCA or CIMA Finalist, or newly qualified or qualified by experience finance analyst, accountant or assistant finance manager. Proven track record of leading a small team or supporting the leadership of a small team. Advanced Excel skills are key, as is a strong customer focused mindset as you will be working with key stakeholders across the business and externally with client leaders.
Salary on offer for this permanent opportunity is circa £35,000 plus benefits.