Come be a part of redefining the Entertainment industry, but don't just take our word for it: "100 Million views and counting:
"Cocomelon is absolutely dominating Netflix and YouTube" Forbes 2021
"Moonbug Entertainmet's rocketing success is disrupting the kids pre-school space" Licensing.Biz 2021
"Old dogs like Nickolodean is out, Moonbug is in" The Verge 2021The Role:
Moonbug is seeking a Revenue Accountant to support the Finance team. This role is based in our London office in the heart of Camden Town. At Moonbug, you will be working with some of the biggest brands in family entertainment; this is an exciting role and opportunity for someone looking to build their media industry experience.
You will be responsible for overseeing revenue streams including digital advertising, original production and online streaming. Each revenue stream has a different business model and a corresponding, often complex contract so ideally you will have a background in interpreting contracts and how clauses impact revenue recognition. Previous experience of managing revenue transactions for any of these business models would be of huge benefit.
Every day is different in Moonbug. To thrive, you will have a flexible, can-do mindset, always looking at how to improve processes and do more with less to improve the speed and accuracy of revenue transactions. A background in media would help, but more important is the ability to deal with ambiguity, and a truly fast paced environment.Requirements
Skills and Experience:
- Drive revenue accounting month-end close processes by creating and validating accruals, preparing and posting journal entries whilst ensuring policy compliance, all to agreed timelines.
- Gain a solid understanding of business transactions and accounting flow, whilst identifying and recommending continuous improvement initiatives related to revenue processes, championing any new processes which support the departmental and organisational objectives.
- Document sales contracts and related revenue accounting treatment in accordance with company policies.
- Assistance with budgeting and forecasting across all revenue streams, as required.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, mainly deferred revenue and costs.
- Involvement in the annual audit process for the Group.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as and when these arise.
You are keen, flexible, yet thorough, with several years experience working in a dynamic Finance department. You will be articulate, confident, happy to communicate with senior team members and take direction when required. Experience gained in a smaller production company and start-up experience will be a huge advantage
Other desirable attributes:
Proactive, self starter, willing to get stuck in
Attention to detail and being a completer-finisher
Strong written and verbal communication
Team player when needed, able to understand the bigger picture and how Finance's inputs and outputs can affect the business
Have enthusiasm in dealing with all functional departments
Able to prioritise in a fast moving, dynamic environment
Advanced Excel skills
NetSuite experience would be a plusQualifications
ACCA/CIMA training preferredTiming:
Full-time, to start ASAPCompensation:
Competitive salary with benefits