Finance Business Partner - Capital Projects
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Poole or Basingstoke based
Circa £45k plus bonus and a great range of benefits.
Butler Rose is proud to be partnering with a well-known global brand in their recruitment for a Finance Business Partner - Capital Projects who will provide financial planning, costing, control and reporting to ensure the successful delivery of major capital projects across the UK and overseas on a 12-month contract basis.
The Finance Business Partner will support a global Project Management Team in the successful roll out of new capital projects.
Key responsibilities include:
· Accurate and timely reporting of project status, including forecast cost to complete, committed, actuals, contingency consumption, timetable to include reporting of additional risks and opportunities throughout the full lifecycle of a project
· Accurate reporting of commitments and actuals including correct fixed asset categorisation in line with Group Policy
· Design and delivery of financial and non-financial analysis and insight to support Project Directors and Managers, and the business more broadly, with key budget, timetable and scope decisions
· Monthly capital forecasting on NBD capital projects
· Ensure compliance with Group policy, process and controls for capital project delivery
· Coordinate input from broader project stakeholder group on assumptions that impact project capital costs
· Supporting the Project Director and Managers in optimising project costs both during the planning and costing phase and during build, ensuring cost assumptions and the costing and tendering process is adequately challenged
· Ensure a comprehensive and timely project close and handover to Operating Group Finance
We are seeking a part or qualified Accountant with strong business partnering and analysis skills who can challenge project managers and present back detailed analysis to non finance stakeholders. Candidates must have advanced Excel skills and first rate interpersonal and communication skills as you will be working as part of a busy, global team who have a passion and energy to deliver.
Previous Capital Project Accounting skills are preferred and experience of the construction sector a real advantage. Ideally candidates will have also worked for a large, fast paced business and can add value quickly.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading and growing business with opportunities for further career enhancement- please apply for consideration and more information.